It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:00 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

What is a working combination ROM and Radio

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC HD2 (ex Windows Mobile)

What is a working combination ROM and Radio

Post by Norbertw » Tue May 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Is there anyone where RSAP is working on a HTC HD2 with android ROM?

I tried 2 Roms CoreDroid v1.6 and MIUI stock 1.4.29 but can't get it working on my HTC. Using a VM Premium carkit.

I like to know a woking combination of Android ROM and Radio ROM.
Thanks
Norbert

Re: What is a working combination ROM and Radio

Post by Deadmeat » Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi Norbert, I use skink Clean Desire v1.4 ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931126 which works great with this RSAP app.

Although it looks like this ROM may not be under development any more so may look for another when I find time, personally I like the HTC Sense so these are the only ROMs I have really tried.

Only issue I had was it would take about 30-40 min to get a phone signal after a reboot due to a problem with the system files. But it looks like the latest no.4 system files have fixed that.

Andrew

Post by Norbertw » Sat May 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanks,

I will test that rom. I tried 4 roms now with all the same problem. The insatllation goes oké,
Connection to the car (VW Premium) seems oké but the car does not ask for the PIN and there is no premium connection shown in the display. RSAP is disconnecting the SIM from the phone so there is no phone signal at all. I think the phone is connecting with HFP to the car.

Can it be a problem with the latest VW Premium kit that support also HFP?

Post by Deadmeat » Sat May 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi, mine is a premium kit from an 09 VW Passat CC, I am not sure it has HFP or not, but everything works inc phonebook transfer and sms messages on the dash MFD.

Post by admin » Sat May 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Could everybody with a working HD2 please post their Baseband-Version found in "About phone" (last entry in settings menu)? From the logs I got from Norbert I suspect it is some problem related to baseband/radio software.

Post by Deadmeat » Sun May 08, 2011 11:52 am

Hi, baseband is 15.42.50.11U_2.15.50.14 on mine.

Post by Norbertw » Sun May 08, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Andrew,

Test with the rom that works on you device. But i keep the same result. The phone recognize on the pairing process a Bluetooth headset and connect to it. I think that’s a HFP connection. I don’t know exactly how the pairing process is working and which device decide what type of connection should be used. I think it’s the same issue as Tom de Bende on his Skoda Superb II Columbus with Premium BT which also support HFP. (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17)

@admin, is it possible to disable the HFP profile on the phone?

Post by admin » Sun May 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Sorry, I don't know how to disable HFP. As far as I know there is no user option somewhere so it's probably only possible by brute force, like modifying init scripts.

Did you check your baseband version?

Post by Deadmeat » Sun May 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Hi Norbert, have you tried deleting any existing HFP pairings from your car first? I recalled seeing a post on the Android project forums about this when using a Samsung Galaxy. (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4402)

"Samsung Galaxy S 2.1 works fine in my 2009 Audi Avant (RNS-E type system) and 2010 Porsche Carrera (full PCM) in rSAP mode. As I've seen a few questions about this.. note that (1)Only contacts on the SIM will be uploaded to car system (this isn't an unusual restriction, my old HTC touch HD did exactly the same)and 2) that on the Porsche PCM for some weird reason you need the dealer to hard-code the PCM TO rSAP mode, or it only does HFP.
When you're pairing on either system delete any HFP pairings for the same mobiles and start the connection from the car head-end system the first time and be quick entering the 16 digit rSAP pairing code as they both time-out pretty quickly.

Now..before I update my Galaxy S to Froyo..anyone know if rSAP on that works? LIke many others I suspect I'd rather have the incredibly useful rSAP than Froo I think!"

Post by Norbertw » Sun May 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi,

I delete the connection in the car, and the known device on the phone before i test somthing.

@admin I use the same ROM as Andrew baseband i15.42.50.11U_2.15.50.14.

When I connect to the car, RSAP shows

Bluetooth State
Connected VW Phone
SIM State
SIM Access

(When I connected a Nokia e51 phone the car was asking on that moment the PIN form my SIM card.) With RSAP the car don’t ask for the PIN.

After a while the car is connected to the phone and shows the Phone name in the display and start transfer the phonebook.

The status in RSAP
Bluetooth State
Not Connected
SIM State
Disconnect SIM access

The SIM is disconnected form the phone until the next reboot.

With all tested roms I have the same problem.

Next

Return to HTC HD2