It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

My connection is lost continuously

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Wildfire

Re: My connection is lost continuously

Post by admin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Can you try again to create logs? "main" and "HCI" please. Do you get provider name and receiption level or does it disconnect before?

Post by Gonzaloa » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:00 pm

I have uninstalled everything and re-installed from scratch. When the connection is made for the first time it works ok and it doesn't disconnect at all...until the phonebook tries to update itself in the car system. Then i loose the connection as before. So, we can definetly assume that is a problem to do with the phonebook.
Do you know if there is a known issue with this?
Rgds
Gonzalo

Post by admin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:35 pm

This may happen when the contact data contains something that the car phone does not like. HTC phonebook transfer has problems with contact pictures. If you use a HTC based ROM it may help to switch to CyanogenMod and then probably install my Bluetooth.apk replacement. If you don't want to change your ROM, try to delete as much as possible additional data from your contacts (pictures, email, ...).

Post by Gonzaloa » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 pm

admin wrote:Can you try again to create logs? "main" and "HCI" please. Do you get provider name and receiption level or does it disconnect before?

Indeed. I will create the logs and send them to you. I get to the network provider and reception level and then it disconnects itself.

Post by Gonzaloa » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:01 am

Gonzaloa wrote:
admin wrote:Can you try again to create logs? "main" and "HCI" please. Do you get provider name and receiption level or does it disconnect before?

Indeed. I will create the logs and send them to you. I get to the network provider and reception level and then it disconnects itself.

Hi again Admin, did you get my email with the logs?
Rgds
Gonzalo

Post by admin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:31 am

Sorry it took so long. The rSAP connection is running fine and then suddenly aborts. At the same time the phonebook transfer is active, so it may be that the phonebook causes the car to shut down the Bluetooth connection. This happens sometimes with older HTC stock ROMs. They even may crash the car headunit.

Try to delete all unused data from the contacts, first of all pictures. I don't think you can exchange Bluetooth.apk with a HTC stock ROM, so this will not help. The last possibility is to install a custom ROM based on AOSP/CyanogenMod.

Post by Gonzaloa » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:11 am

Hi Admin,

You are correct. I have deleted all photos and the issue is over. Now, the connection with the car is perfect and rsap works correctly. Thanks for your support along the way.

Best regards
Gonzalo

Previous

Return to HTC Wildfire