How/Will rSAP work on Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules (SGH-T989)

Post here for unlisted phone models
BrushBorder

How/Will rSAP work on Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules (SGH-T989)

Post by BrushBorder » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:00 am

Hi,

I have been trying to get rSAP (trial) V2.3 to work with my rooted S2 which is running the stock rom with ICS 4.0.4.
The message that appears on screen is "Bluetooth State Not Connected" and "SIM State Normal phone operation." I have successfully installed "Bluetooth SIM Access Install" per the instructions on the install page. In the end I want to pair this (without being disconnected after 5 minutes) with a 2010 VW Tiguan).

If necessary, I can install another ROM, but I have never really cared for CyanogenMod. Perhaps that is a sin in itself. ;)

Thanks,
Kevin

admin
Site Admin

Re: How/Will rSAP work on Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules (SGH-T9

Post by admin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 am

What exactly is the problem? If you have a Bluetooth connection and my app still shows "not connected" then you maybe don't have a "Premium" phone in your car?

Disconnects may also be caused by other Bluetooth profiles (e.g. phonebook) or power save mode issues. See also here: http://www.android-rsap.com/faq.html

BrushBorder

Post by BrushBorder » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:04 am

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

I will contact the dealer tomorrow to determine what type of phone is installed.

The problem that I am trying to fix with your app is this:
The phone is able to pair, but after a short amount of time the Bluetooth connection is lost. This normally happes in a call, but not exclusively. After it happens the only way to reestablish connection is to restart the phone. Also, Bluetooth on the phone is unable to be turned off (and then on) unless the phone is restarted. Long ago I tried stopping the BluetoothPbapService, but that did not seem to work.

Honestly I am not sure what your app is able to remedy, but I have been trying and trying to find a solution to the above problem for a long time. I just stumbed upon your app after a search for 'VW Bluetooth Galaxy S2 pairing issues' or something like that on Google.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:09 pm

My apps only fixes 2 profiles: Remote SIM Access and Phonebook Access. Think of profiles as separate channels inside Bluetooth. Your problem seems to be more basic or related with other profiles, so I guess none of my apps will help you.

BrushBorder

Post by BrushBorder » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Thanks for your reply and your really clear explanation of channels in Bluetooth. I am going to look into possible other profile conflicts. Inidentally, I checked with VW on what type of phone I have installed. I asked them if it was a "Premium" phone that is installed. They said they have never heard of that description for a factory installed phone. Maybe the service guy didn't know what he was talking about, but to answer your question.. I am still not sure what type of phone it is.

Thanks again,
Kevin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:29 am

I'm not sure if the "Premium" phone option is available in every country. I'm quite sure it's not available in the US.

Did you already try to do a fresh pairing and then not allow phonebook access on the mobile? The phonebook transfer may cause the car to cut the Bluetooth connection. If this is the case my phonebook app may help, but I'm not really sure if it works on your phone.

BrushBorder

Post by BrushBorder » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi,

I am in USA, so that solves that. I will try the fresh pairing idea and let you know. I do appreciate your asistance.

- Kevin

BrushBorder

Post by BrushBorder » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:43 pm

If you are curious, this ongoing issue is documented here from many users with an S2 on T-Mobile: https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/27190

BrushBorder

Post by BrushBorder » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:14 pm

So I got my logger working.. Below is a description of my issue that I posted on another forum. Perhaps you will have an idea after looking at it and the log. Thx again!

I know many have problems with Bluetooth and certain car kits. I specifically have a VW. In any case, my Galaxy disconnects from not only my car, but also from my Philips in home audio system. In both cases, the disconnect is the same. What happens in both cases is the Bluetooth pair is lost. If I try to turn off and then on the Bluetooth (on the phone) to reset the pair the Bluetooth light never fully turns on. It stays a dim green. To get it to work I have to restart the phone.

I wrote a script to collect the Bluetooth logs, and programmed it to start logging whenever Buetooth is connected. See link below for log. notice that around 7:56 the problem occurred. I was in a call on my galaxy s2 connected to my vw tiguan, and the hands free audio stopped. I was able to pick up the phone and switch from hands free to the speaker (on the phone) to resume the call.

Around 8:19, I think, I turned off the Bluetooth on the phone, and then tried to to turn on it again. But,it did not fully turn on. The green Bluetooth light is dim rather then bright. The only way I can restart the Bluetooth is to reboot the phone.

There are exceptions thrown that I am going to look at.

Have any thoughts?

Thanks!

I am running the stock rom that I downloaded from Kies. The Android version is 4.1.2

Link to log file-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/hd809geb4hoxvrr/btlog.txt

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:15 pm

You should forward the log to Samsung somehow. Maybe they can spot the problem.

Did you check the "Bluetooth Keepalive" app? You may get the same result by forcing the screen to stay on or by charging the phone in the car. If this makes the connection stable it is a power save mode issue.

Return to “Unlisted Phones”