HTC Desire C on VW Premium - no SIM takeover

Post here for unlisted phone models
markruthin

HTC Desire C on VW Premium - no SIM takeover

Post by markruthin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Can anyone give me a yes/no/maybe on whether an HTC Desire C can operate with VW Premium BT (in a Golf Mk6)? My old Nokia E71 (PAYG Orange SIM) works but not the Desire C (Tesco Mobile SIM). Phone appears to link to the car OK but the SIM takeover just times out every time. Phone runs Android 4.0.3 and Bluetooth 4.0. The rSAP code downloaded is the full 2.3.3. Any ideas on getting this working (or confirming it will never work) would be very much appreciated as I do a lot of miles. Current thoughts are to try swapping the SIMs over and possibly deleting the BT info and trying to pair again from scratch.

admin
Site Admin

Re: HTC Desire C on VW Premium - no SIM takeover

Post by admin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Can you please mail a "main" log of a connection to admin at ...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:16 pm

Please try the "generic" system files with the Desire C.

markruthin

Post by markruthin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi and thanks for the suggestion. I've just given it a go and made some progress, though not there yet. The phone connected to the VW Premium BT OK, then the SIM State changed to active (very encouraging). After about a minute the network came up on the car's display but then the Bluetooth dropped. I've tried again and again, same thing. But I would say it got further than before! If you have any other advice I would be grateful.

Regards MT

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Did you set the phone mode in the car to "GSM"? Maybe that fixes it. It may also be the "usual" phonebook problem. Try to redo the Bluetooth pairing and don't allow phonebook access. If nothing helps, please mail me another "main" log.

markruthin

Post by markruthin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi There

Unfortunately there are no (GSM or any other) config options that I can see on the VW Golf Mk6. There is an option on the phone to make Bluetooth discoverable for 300 seconds. I then do a search for devices, which shows up the HTC Desire C. I select "connect", VW Premium comes up on the HTC, then the Remote SIM shows active on the phone, then the car shows the network/signal strength screen (on the multi-function display), then the Bluetooth drops almost immediately. If you need any photos so you can see what I can see just let me know. I'll mail over the main log file now.

Regards MT

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Do you have the white display in the instrument cluster? There should be a "phone" page with a menu. You can change the phone mode there.

The log looks fine, only it aborts. Did you already check for the phonebook problem?

markruthin

Post by markruthin » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks for your help. I loaded the Bluetooth Phonebook Trial and the phone no longer disconnects. In summary, for anyone else who has this combination, I have the VW Premium Bluetooth kit in a 2009 VW Golf Mk6, now working with an HTC Desire C mobile. The fix was to use the generic HTC rSAP install files and also load the Bluetooth Phonebook application. Regards to all! Mark Thatcher

Return to “Unlisted Phones”