It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:51 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Archos 50 Diamond - Dual Sim selection

Post here for unlisted phone models

Archos 50 Diamond - Dual Sim selection

Post by spy7 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi,

I have an Archos 50 Diamond with lollipop, it's a dual sim phone, is it possible to select which Sim should be used by the Car ?
Actually, it chooses automatically the SIM1 by default.

With my previous phone, I used the RSAP, and inside the settings of the application, I remember that it was possible to select which Sim should be used.

But now I don't see it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Archos 50 Diamond - Dual Sim selection

Post by admin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:55 am

Sadly Qualcomm phones do not support rSAP for the second SIM card, at least the ones I tested so far did not. rSAP does not work very well at all on dual-SIM Qualcomm phones.
MediaTek phones don't have that restriction.

Re: Archos 50 Diamond - Dual Sim selection

Post by spy7 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:11 pm

A small update

First, thanks @ Admin for the quick answer.
Concerning the phone, well I swapped the sim cards, and it didn't work, so sadly I unchecked the checkbox "rSAP active" in your app, and rebooted, and now it works....
I cannot explain how, I just see sometimes a small popup from the root app that indicates that the rsap app have been granted superadmin privileges (even if I don't see the icon of the rSAP app at the top right of the phone screen ).
On my VW Golf mk 6 (RNS 510 with premium Bluetooth module) I can see in the menu that I have now the capacity of :
  • making hotspot wifi wifi (Tested and working).
  • SMS reading (Tested and working).
  • receiving a second call (Tested and working) and even have a third but directly on the phone via SIM2.
And the phone indicate that there is no presence of SIM card in slot 1 ( normal as the sim1 is used by the car).

The problem that I had was when I turn off the car, the phone asked me for the pin code of the SIM1, sadly your plugin didn't solve the problem, the workaround that I found was to disable the PIN code check. :roll:
But now ironically my phone have battery issue and phone reboot in a loop until connect to a power supply, but it's not related with your app ( lots of users of this Archos 50 Diamond reported the same issue) and of course the battery isn't removable. :cry:

Regards,

Return to Unlisted Phones