Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001

Post here for unlisted phone models
allar85

Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001

Post by allar85 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Hello!

My story started when I first bought a car with VW Premium Handsfree kit. Back then I had Samsung Galaxy Ace as a phone and I soon learned that there is no way to use that phone with VW kit.
So I sold the phone and started a search for a new phone (I really wanted to stick with Android), I read from somewhere that Galaxy S Plus also supports rSAP so I decided to buy that one.
At first I had stock ROM (2.3.3) and problems where pretty much the same as the ones described in here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=191
- After shutting down the car / disabling Bluetooth on the phone or disabling rSAP in the app, the phone's signal won't return. Every time i have to put the phone in Airplane mode, or give it a reboot. (Airplane mode did not help with my phone, I always had to reboot to get the signal back)
- Sometimes, not always, the carkit can't connect to the phone. (Usually the car won´t connect the phone next time, but does so if I have done a reboot)
Next thing I tried was to flash a newer stock ROM (2.3.6) to my phone. Nothing changed!
Then I was ready to root the phone, flash a custom ROM (only one for i9001 is Cranium ROM 3) and install rSAP app. But still nothing is better! I still have the same problems. And it seems to me that "stock rSAP" steps in before the "rSAP app". Is that possible? After i turn off the car the signal wont return and in app under SIM state it says some file is missing and askes if I have HTC phone???

Does anyone have and idea what is wrong or what to do?

matzo

Re: Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001

Post by matzo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi allar85,

My VW premium car phone is from 2010. So far I haven't used it with an Android phone but I have Samsungs Wave S8500 for one and a half year now. It runs Bada 1.2 (Samsungs proprietary OS). Mostly it works nice, except the phone book transfer works for SIM only. But from time to time I get exactly the same two failures you described.

I'm used to turn off my cell phone overnight and restart it in the morning. May be I would have more problems when I never turn it off. It looks like Samsung applies the same Bluetooth software to Bada and Android phones.

How old is your VW car kit? It could be worth to ask your VW dealer for an upgrade.

Currently I'm planning to buy a new smartphone, even with Android. One option would be Galaxy S Plus, S2 or even the new Nexus. From this perspective it's of great interest for me to read about your experiences.

Also the new Motorola RAZR is supposed to support rSAP. But so far I haven't heart any report about. Sorry that I can't help you further at this moment.

allar85

Post by allar85 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi!

My VW is from 2007.
I really enjoy android but the problems with the rSAP are just frustrating :cry:

matzo

Post by matzo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:49 am

Hi,

Ok, I really encourage you to visit a VW dealer and request on a software upgrade for your Premium Handsfree Carkit. My VW is from 2010 and I startet to use the Premium with an Samsung Omnia II (which was stolen half a year later...). The Omnia II was running Windows Mobile 6.1, also with rSAP support.

Basically it worked at this time, although the Omnia II was much slower than current smartphones and bugs occured too. However, before I bought this car I tested the Omnia II on Premium Carkits of older VWs. It didn't work!! But then it worked with my new car!

On the other hand, when I browse through the (German) smartphone blogs there is actually no complaint about rSAP function for Samsungs Android phones. It should work for Galaxy S and higher.

Therefore I suspect your Premium carkit software to be outdated. I have no glue if VW changed the hardware too over the last years. Just ask your dealer...

pierre1985

Post by pierre1985 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:02 pm

is it possible to get rsap for galaxy Ace Plus (S7500)???
I´m not possible to find this phone in your list...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:19 pm

If you already rooted your phone you may try. Simply run the installer and press the "Install" button and then test with the trial app. If it does not work you can press "uninstall" and all changes are reverted!

Return to “Unlisted Phones”