Samsung Galaxy W

Post here for unlisted phone models
borbs

Samsung Galaxy W

Post by borbs » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi! Anyone knows if rSAP works in the new Samsung Galaxy W? II'd like to buy the phone but only if rSAP works.

borbs

Re: Samsung Galaxy W

Post by borbs » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:26 am

I just got my Galaxy W and to my suprise it connects and works perfectly out of the box with my Scirocco RNS-510!

Previously i had a Nokia N78 and the only difference i can see is that now i cant read or send SMS from the car kit. Is this what rSAP is all about? I though i couldnt access my phonebook and call registry but i can do both from the car kit.

I'd like to read SMS also so i'm going to try and install rSAP but i think it wont be a big loss for me if i cant read the sms from the car kit.

*EDIT: well i was wrong...without rSAP the phonebook doesnt work in the car unit. I was accessing only some contacts from my gmail account i guess?!
Last edited by borbs on Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

borbs

Post by borbs » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 am

Just installed rSAP and all worked fine! Now i have complete phonebook and SMS in the car unit! I didnt have a long time to experiment to see if it disconnects after a while but its looking good!

Tomorrow i'll try it again with more time!

The only glitch is that when it leaves the remote SIM access the phone requests for the SIM card PIN which is quite annoying...is this normal?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:21 am

Nice to hear that it works! Is it possible that the first connection was done with Handsfree Profile? You may see the difference in the instrument cluster: when you have rSAP it shows "Premium", when you have HFP it shows battery level.

If the first connection also was rSAP you now have two rSAPs struggling what may explain the PIN entry. This should not happen. Can you please check if you get the "Premium" connection without my app?

borbs

Post by borbs » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:51 am

Hi!

Yes, you are right, the first connection was done with Handsfree Profile. I had the battery level icon and now it says bluetooth premium.

For the PIN entry i disabled the SIM PIN entry in the phone configurations and know it never asks me for the PIN. I'm fine with that by now.

Today morning i kind had to force the connection with the car but then it worked flawlessly for the rest of the day. Every time i entered the car it connected properly!

I'll give it a couple more days with the trial just to be sure it works flawlessly and then i will surely buy the app!

I'm very happy with this great phone and my only fear was that it wouldn't work with the car kit properly, so thank you for making that possible!

borbs

Post by borbs » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi!

I've been having some problems with data connection and im pretty sure its related to the rSAP utility.

After i use the phone with the car kit the phone loses the data connection. I see you had similar issues with your Galaxy Nexus, was it completly fixed for your phone?

The rSAP utility had some crashes also. As soon as i can i will upload the crash report.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Did you use the latest installer app from Market (V1.1)?

If you update rSAP to V1.2 you can create a "radio" log and send it to my email address (admin [at] android-rsap ...)

Louis

Post by Louis » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:27 pm

According to http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM-Access-Profile the Samsung galaxy W i8150 is supporting rSAP.
Does this mean 'out of the box' connect-and-go?? Or are modifications like your app necessary?
I'm waiting for more than a year now to buy a rSAP-android-phone. This could be the opportunity...(?)
Thanks, L

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:42 pm

From what I found in the net it seems to work out of the box, so you don't need my app! It also seems to have the many known problems with phonebook transfer...

So you will only need my app when you want to run an AOSP based custom ROM.

Louis

Post by Louis » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:56 pm

[+] working out-of-the-box
[-] many known problems with phonebook transfer ??? Can you please explain the problems?? (or link to a threath)
So far, only half a solution, it seems...
Thanks for helping me out!

Return to “Unlisted Phones”