Samsung Galaxy W

Post here for unlisted phone models
admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung Galaxy W

Post by admin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:55 pm

The problems I found so far are listed here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=158
A Google search shows that I'm not the only one who found problems.

For AOSP ROMs I'm trying hard to fix as much as possible ;)

borbs

Post by borbs » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:40 pm

admin wrote:Did you use the latest installer app from Market (V1.1)?

If you update rSAP to V1.2 you can create a "radio" log and send it to my email address (admin [at] android-rsap ...)
Yes i used installer app v1.1 from the market. Where is the radio log? I enabled it but where is it stored?

As for the out of the box rSAP i doubt it, as i said in the above post it connects fine but only with Handsfree Profile. No SMS and no phonebook access (it accesses my google acount contacts but not the phone contacts).

borbs

Post by borbs » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:03 am

Quick workaround for the data connection loss:

To reenable the data connection without rebooting turn flight mode ON and then OFF.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:26 am

Logs are stored in folder ".rsap" on the SD card. I should mention that somewhere...

In some forums people claimed it works out of the box and it is listed in the Wikipedia article. Perhaps they mixed up HFP and rSAP? Samsung phones usually show a notification and ask for permission before connecting rSAP. Perhaps you missed that?

If turning on/off airplane mode fixes the issue you can try to have it done automatically with my patch from here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=191&start=10#p1013 This works only with the full version!

Since this time it is not a custom ROM (MIUI) that's having problems reconnecting, there may be something wrong in my rSAP implementation. I hope I can find something in your radio log.

Return to “Unlisted Phones”