HTC Incredible S - Mount failed null

Post here for unlisted phone models
KeToAnWa

HTC Incredible S - Mount failed null

Post by KeToAnWa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Hello,
I have successfully rooted my Inredible S according to HTCDEV.com. When starting the installation now, the App still tells me: „rSAP Installation – Your phone must be rooted to run this app!“. Following <OK> and <Install/Update System Files> I see the notification: ”rSAP Installation – Installation failed. Mount failed null” Any suggestions how to handle this?
Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: HTC Incredible S - Mount failed null

Post by admin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:08 am

It looks like you successfully unlocked the bootloader, now you will have to install the Superuser.zip. Usually you do this by booting or installing a custom recovery (e.g. ClockworkMod) and then installing the zip from the phone's SD card.

See also http://www.android-rsap.com/faq/85.html for more info.

pauljacobshtc

Post by pauljacobshtc » Sun May 06, 2012 7:41 pm

I had the same problem as user KeToAnWa including the message Mount failed null. I managed to install the superuser.zip by installing Clockworkmod, just as you suggested. Everything was confirmed by my HTC Desire HD. Now when I want to install the rSAP Installation App (needed before purchase of the Bluetooth SIM Acces profile) I get another message now. After pushing the Install/Update System Files button the message is as follows:

Installation failed.
mount failed reloc_library[1312]:2362 cannot locate '_ZNK7android6Parcel15setDataPositionEj'...
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

What should I do? I have the feeling that I am very close now.

Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 07, 2012 7:24 am

Can you please use a different app to check if Superuser is properly installed? E.g. "Root Checker Basic".

pauljacobshtc

Post by pauljacobshtc » Mon May 07, 2012 9:20 pm

Dear admin, you are right and I am amazed. The result of the test with Root Check Basic is "Sorry, this device does not have proper root access". The device is HTC Desire HD A9191 (brand new). I did the whole job with HTC Dev, got the code to unlock key, always got favorable messages, could install the superuser.zip etc. Any idea what could be wrong? Should I do something with the superuser app? If I open it, there is written that ther are no apps in the list. Any help is welcome. Thanks. Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 08, 2012 7:33 am

You did install the Superuser.zip with the recovery software and it still does not work? It is not possible to install it from Google Store!

I also had problems recently with the Superuser app and switched to SuperSU on my Galaxy Nexus. You can download the zip directly from xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1538053.

pauljacobshtc

Post by pauljacobshtc » Tue May 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Dear admin, again I need your help.
First of all you were right again: with the superSU.zip it worked. This program had to grant permission to both the Bluetooth SIM access install and the Bluetooth SIM access profile (which I purchased without testing trial but I am impatient to get it working). So I recommend to everybody to use the superSU for these apps.
So the rSAP v2.0.1 is on my HTC Desire HD A9191. I switch on bluetooth, make the mobile phone visible for other devices etc. Now my Audi A6 built last month in Ingolstadt (with "autotelefon") finds the HTC Desire HD but: it just proposes "handsfree", not autotelefon. Of course it is the autotelefon, which I need. How can I learn the Audi to connect in rSAP?
In the app, I switched on the rSAP Active (toggle box).
What should I do to finalise? I am very close to get it working now.
Thanks.
Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 09, 2012 7:42 am

If not done already please be sure to remove all pairing information from car and phone, especially if you had the phone paired before you installed rSAP.

Sadly I don't get much feedback from Audi users. I know that some Audi car phones have problems with rSAP on stock HTC ROMs. So far I thought this happens only with older cars. To find out I'd need a "HCI" log but that is not working on a stock HTC ROM, too. If you don't mind the additional work you may save your current ROM including all data with a backup from within recovery software, switch to CyanogenMod, install rSAP and create the logs. After that you can restore the original ROM. You will not loose anything but a few hours of time...

I'm working next to a big Audi dealer. I'll try to make some tests there - if they let me, and if they have an A6 with this phone module.

Update: As I expected: The dealer has only one A6 with "Autotelefon" and this is permanently "on the road"...

pauljacobshtc

Post by pauljacobshtc » Wed May 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Dear admin,
I removed all existing connections with other devices but it does not work.
The problem is actually easy to describe: the Audi sees a device and has only the handsfree option for this device (HTC Desire HD). If I do the same operation for my old nokia, I get the option: autotelefon or handsfree. Of course I choose for autotelefon. Works fantastically but I want a smart phone...
Actually the Audi (built in 2012) should recognize the app and forget about the device. If this would be the case, I can connect to the app by autotelefon. This would solve my problem.
Conclusion:
1. Maybe a small thing can be changed in Audi software (difficult thing) or in the app. There is not so much missing.
2. Can you or someone else tell me which smart phone with Android and your app could work on the newest Audi autotelefon? I am prepared to sell my existing one on the market and purchase something else. However it should be Android as requested by my company.

The operation with the CyanogenMod is too complicated for me. Up till now it was straightforwarded.

For your information: there is a big market for this. When I picked up my car in Brussels, the dealer told me that all smart phone users had the same problem with the Audi. Some decided to use handsfree but quality is uncomparable.

If you do not live too far in Germany (Aachen or Köln would be good) and if you are interested, I am willing to come over with my car and test out a couple of things to get it working. The leasing car is for 4 years so it is worthwile for me.

I do not give up. The app looks fine. Now it is just a matter of connection Audi - app.

Please let me know how I can get out of this situation. Thanks. Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 09, 2012 12:58 pm

I'll ask the Audi dealer to call me when the car is available so I can do my tests. Köln is too far away, I'm in southern Germany near Karlsruhe.

I suspect that it is the known problem with the HTC Bluetooth software. A short explanation: Bluetooth devices ask each other which services they support. Usually a service is uniquely identified by an id. But some cars ask for more detailed service attributes (don't ask me why... Paranoia?). With HTC ROMs my rSAP app is only able to publish the id, with CyanogenMod (or other Android Open Source based ROMs) it can publish all possible attributes.

If I can verify that it is this problem, you can keep your Desire HD, but must install a different ROM (I recommend CyanogenMod). You will lose all the "Sense" user interface stuff and get "pure Android", like e.g. the Nexus phones have. And you will be able to update to Android 4 "Ice Cream Sandwich"!

If your phone is rooted, installing a different ROM is easy:
  • download the ROM's zip file from http://www.cyanogenmod.com and copy it to phone's SD card
  • install ROM Manager from Google Store and choose "Install ROM from SD card". Activate backup and clear data and cache
You can later restore your previous ROM using ROM Manager, too.

If you prefer to sell your phone and buy a new one, I can recommend Samsung phones. Either the Galaxy S II or the Galaxy Nexus. Or wait 3 weeks for the Galaxy S III, but I'm not sure if it will still support rSAP...

Return to “Unlisted Phones”