HTC Incredible S - Mount failed null

Post here for unlisted phone models
nhovad

Re: HTC Incredible S - Mount failed null

Post by nhovad » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi,
is there any way how to root my phone and start using this great app?? without downgrading to older version of android (gingerbread)? because I had try many "working" as they says procedures and my phone is still without root, so far I just accomplish to unlock my bootloader, and wipe out all my user data! :-(

My phone spec:
HTC Incredible S
Hboot: 2.02.0002
ICS ver. 4.0.4
Sense ver. 3.6

thanks
David

UPDATE:
so, I finally managed to root my phone using this great tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1886460
then I check it with "root checker" from google market, my phone has UNLOCKED bootloader, but still unable to make this app working:
I had instaled:
RSAP installation App v.2.2
hcidump is already instaled without any errors
but when I try install/update system files I get three different answers ........
1. Instalation failed this phone is not compatible
2. message, that my phone must be restarted and during this process it will install something, but restart failed
3. it looks like it works, no warning what so ever

then I run rSAP (trial) v2.2 and it ends with this three diferent answers:
1. system library not found on your system. is this HTC/Samsung phone?
2. socket connect error
3. something about instalation (dont know exactly) and suggestion that I must folow instalation manual on android-rsap.com

Is there any hope for me?? :-) will this app work on my phone sometimes??
Please???

David

nhovad

Post by nhovad » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:33 pm

up

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:30 pm

If 'hcidump' installation worked the rest should work, too. Can you please start a "main" log in rSAP trial app's options and then retry the "Install/Update" in the installer app. Do not reboot. Then stop the logging and send me the file from folder ".rsap" on SD card.

nhovad

Post by nhovad » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi,
thank you for your quick respond, here is my log file (two of them, both with different result) in first case, rSAP (trial) wrote: Socket connect error
in second case it was: system library not found

what I did wrong?

Again, thank you for your help
David

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Installation looks fine, no errors, but something seems to go wrong. Can you please check if you have a file /system/lib/libhtc_ril.orig.so?

nhovad

Post by nhovad » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:06 pm

No there isn't file with this name, I have only those two:
Libhtc_ril.so
Libhtc_ril_switch.so
admin wrote:Installation looks fine, no errors, but something seems to go wrong. Can you please check if you have a file /system/lib/libhtc_ril.orig.so?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:02 pm

It looks like your phone is "S-ON" i.e. it is not possible to write to the system folder although it seems to work. You have to install the rSAP system files using a custom recovery software. As far as I understood the rooting method does not install a custom recovery so you must do that yourself. The other possibilitiy is to finally "S-OFF" your phone. Or do both with Revolutionary (http://revolutionary.io).

nhovad

Post by nhovad » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:06 pm

admin wrote:It looks like your phone is "S-ON" i.e. it is not possible to write to the system folder although it seems to work. You have to install the rSAP system files using a custom recovery software. As far as I understood the rooting method does not install a custom recovery so you must do that yourself. The other possibilitiy is to finally "S-OFF" your phone. Or do both with Revolutionary (http://revolutionary.io).
Maybe that's the problem, I'm unable to make this phone "S-off", I was thinking that when I root the phone, that the root it self make "S-off", but today I tryed to change something in system folder manualy, and it's still protected! :-( unfortunately, revolutionary.io doesn't work on my hboot version, so I realy don't know how to "s-off" my phone without downgrade (i have ICS 4.0.4 and i don't want downgrade to gingerbread). Did you know about some other safe and working method how to S-off my Htc Incredible S (hboot: 2.02.00002, ICS 4.0.4, Sense: 3.6)???

Thank you for your help

David

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:49 am

What's really strange is that the root tool obviously could write the system partition :shock:

You may try to install ClockworkMod recovery using 'fastboot'. Check Google for details. Perhaps you can install ClockworkMod with ROM Manager. If you manage to get it installed let me know.

Return to “Unlisted Phones”