HTC Incredible S - Mount failed null

Post here for unlisted phone models
pauljacobshtc

Re: HTC Incredible S - Mount failed null

Post by pauljacobshtc » Wed May 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Dear admin, this gives me some good hope again. I am sure this is the problem. I let you know.
Questions:
* should I install the two apps (install + app itself) again after having moved to Cyanogenmod? Or will your apps take automatically the new ROM into account?
* the activate backup etc... is not clear for me but probably not important. I suppose I just have to click a box.
* why should I put back the old ROM? I suppose the new one is better if I am not interested in the Sense user interface.

Big test this evenening. If it works, you will have a couple of new customers in Belgium... (thanks to the Audi dealer).

The big question is how the Audi will see the app.

Thanks,
Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Yes, you need to install the installer & app and hit the "Install/Update System Files" button once. When you switch from HTC to CyanogenMod you have to clear all data i.e. make a factory reset. This is all in the dialog box before ROM installation in ROM Manager with 3 options: save current ROM, clear data and cache, wipe Dalvik cache. You should check all three.

You should create the backup for the unlikely case that something goes wrong. And if you later want to transfer data, like call lists, SMS, ... I don't know how important this is for you. You may also save this data immediately by using the "Call Logs Backup & Restore" and "SMS Backup & Restore" apps. Your contacts and apps should be automatically restored when you login with your Google account.

Good luck!

pauljacobshtc

Post by pauljacobshtc » Wed May 09, 2012 11:26 pm

I tried to install Cyanogenmod with the ROM manager. I tried 4 times with the latest stable version for my HTC desire HD (called ACE). I also tried an earlier version.
But phone did not want to reboot after the 10 minutes installation (even when I waited 15 more minutes). Recovery did work so I still have my phone with the old "Sense" ROM. I want to try again but do not know how. I followed the instructions including saving current ROM, clear data, wipe Dalvik etc...
I do not want to give up. Maybe I have to install the Cyanogenmod in a different way.
Or maybe another ROM but Cyanogenmod has good comments...
Again any help is welcome.
I want to test your apps on the new Audi without the stock HTC ROM.
As you know, the phone is rooted etc...
Thanks
Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 10, 2012 9:14 am

This thread is cursed... You have the very same problem the initial writer had with his HTC Incredible S.

It seems that it is no longer easy to install CyanogenMod over newer HTC software. Since it worked before it is also not easy to find something about that issue in the Internet. As far as I could find out it is related to the HTC "HBOOT" software version 2.0, but I may be wrong.

You may check this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... stcount=17. If you have the same problem (white HTC screen after CyanogenMod installation) then it seems an easy solution: simply flash the boot.img manually that is contained inside the CyanogenMod zip file. I guess you unlocked your bootloader with the official HTC process, so you already have the "fastboot" tool and know how to get into "HBOOT mode" by pressing special buttons while powering up.

pauljacobshtc

Post by pauljacobshtc » Fri May 11, 2012 9:05 am

Once again you were right. It was the boot file. I followed the procedure (flashing boot file...). The white screen after rebooting is gone now but another problem appears. The telephone tries to start up in cyanogenmod, I get the cyanomod screen (skating guy) but this remains for 3 hours and nothing happens; no startup; I turned off the phone (by taking out the battery). I know that it can sometimes take 15 minutes for the first reboot. But there must be a conflict somewhere. No idea how I can get out of this misery. Of course I can use recovery but I do not want to give up. Any idea how I can get the Desire HD starting up correctly in CyanogenMod? If I can, I can finally use the installer app and rSAP again to see how it communicates with the latest Audi version.
Best regards. Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Hmm... I guess you did wipe the phone (clear data and cache i.e. factory reset)?

Sometimes it helps to reflash the same ROM, because a different recovery was flashed in the first try.

Perhaps the CyanogenMod zip file is corrupted. You can check that with an MD5 checker like http://www.winmd5.com/ and compare to the value at the download site.

I only hope it is worth all this effort!

pauljacobshtc

Post by pauljacobshtc » Sat May 12, 2012 12:05 pm

Dear admin, first of all I want to thank you for your good support. Very good.
I will have to change phone. The HTC desire HD apparently does not want to install cyanomodgen for one reason or another (many tries with different downloads and different versions: flashing boot files etc...)
Moreover I prefer to have the original ROM on the phone.
However I do not want to give up. Which Android phone (rooted) would be the best option to work with your apps and the newest Audi autotelephon?
You do not need to give me a guarantee but which phone would you recommand? The ROM version of HTC does not seem the best to handle the problem.
Thanks,
Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat May 12, 2012 12:29 pm

I would suggest a Samsung phone.

The Galaxy S II GT-I9100 supports rSAP out of the box without root (!) if you can get one with Android 2.x. If you get one with Android 4 or choose to update you can still root the phone (very easy!) and install my app. There is also a GT-I9100G model which should also support rSAP with Android 2.x but it seems to be less powerful than the I9100.

The Galaxy Nexus has "pure Android" software i.e. no Samsung software like TouchWiz (comparable to HTC Sense), no media-and-whatever stuff that only drains the battery. It is easy to root because it is the official "developer phone". The Galaxy Nexus has the high resolution 1280x720 display. And it is cheaper than the Galaxy S II!

And then there will be the Galaxy S III at the end of the month. Currently there is no information whether it will support rSAP natively or if at least my app will run. But I will check that as soon as I can get one!

pauljacobshtc

Post by pauljacobshtc » Sun May 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Dear admin, this weekend I thought the Samsung Galaxy mini GT-S5570 could be the solution for me. Not expensive, no big features but it does the job and it is Android.
Short question: if I root it, bring it to Cyanomodgen and install the apps, is there any chance that it will work with the Autotelefon of Audi? Or is this impossible with this device anyway?
Thanks.
Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Galaxy Mini will not work! See also http://www.android-rsap.com/compatibility.html.
My current guess is that GT-Sxxxx generally don't work, while GT-Ixxxx do.

Anyone with a Galaxy Ace 2 (GT-I8160) wants to prove that statement? ;)

Return to “Unlisted Phones”