Samsung Xcover Gt-S5690

Post here for unlisted phone models
roadrunner

Samsung Xcover Gt-S5690

Post by roadrunner » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:26 pm

To anyone who can help,

Rooted the phone using KERUK which was simple enough. Installed the additional app that was shown in the installation guide in order to install the system files. Then I downloaded trial version which is v. 1.2 but I get following errors when trying to connect via bluetooth to the skoda superb's bluetooth hands free system.

/lib/system/libhtc_ril. doesn't exist (nicht vorhanden) Is this an htc?

What do i do now?

downloaded the actual app and now it says my phone is not rooted although super user asked for permission to run it....what is going on?

thanks for your help in advance.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung Xcover Gt-S5690

Post by admin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:27 am

Samsung sells so many completely different phones... Have a look inside the /system/lib or /system/vendor/lib. If there is no libsec-ril.so the phone is definitely not compatible. If there is it may be compatible. Then try to run the installer app, then the trial and see if it works. If the phone hangs or crashes it is not compatible, like e.g. the Galaxy Ace. Currently it looks to me that only the phones with (at least former) stock rSAP support and the Nexus phones are working.

Regarding the error messages: I guess I'll have to clean them up a bit :oops:

The 2.0.1 version shows the "not rooted" error when it cannot find the system files i.e. the installer app was not run properly.

Return to “Unlisted Phones”