rSAP with T-Mobile SGH-T989

Post here for unlisted phone models
stirrem

rSAP with T-Mobile SGH-T989

Post by stirrem » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 am

Hi
Has anyone had success with a T Mobile Galaxy S2 Hercules (SGH-T989). I have tried the trial program, it installs fine but does not recognize the library. The Hercules is different to the international version and after reading a few posts I am not sure whether it will work on my phone.

I am trying to get this phone to work with a Nokia 616, it does connect, but, will not download contacts. T Mobile is also very slow in upgrading to ICS, although, this might not help either.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

admin
Site Admin

Re: rSAP with T-Mobile SGH-T989

Post by admin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:46 pm

If the installer or the rSAP app shows errors regarding incompatible libraries it will not work, sorry. I guess there is no /system/lib/libsec-ril.so.

The phonebook transfer is a different problem. The Nokia 610/616 only support the older IrMC Bluetooth profile which is not supported by Android. I also don't know of any third party implementation. With rSAP you could at least transfer the SIM contacts, but that's the best you can get.

stirrem

Post by stirrem » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:34 am

I have been looking through my files and the closest I have is /system/lib/libsecril-client.so.
Excuse my ignorance, but could this be the same file named otherwise?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:49 am

No, but funny that libsecril-client.so exists and libsec-ril.so does not. Perhaps you have a /system/vendor/lib/libsec-ril.so? If not I'm sorry my rSAP app will not run on your phone.

stirrem

Post by stirrem » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:45 am

No, unfortunately, that file does not exist, Bummer!
One more question, is there a way to transfer my contacts to the Nokia 616. Most functions work at present, so if I could get contacts onto the 616 I would be very happy. The phone pairs every time, no problem, but always ask me to download my contacts. I have to select "No" before the 616 completes the activation.

Thanks for you quick response and effort.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Sometimes it is possible to send "vCards" via Bluetooth from phone to car kit, but I never tried. A second workaround may be to put the SIM card into the kit directly or a compatible phone (Nokia, Blackberry), sync the contacts and then put the SIM back into the new phone. Perhaps the Nokia kit keeps the contacts because of the same SIM card.

stirrem

Post by stirrem » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:45 am

Thanks for your effort. The sim card in another phone (Nokia N95) does not work, that was my first attempt. I will try your other suggestions and if something works I will add to this post.
If anybody else has some advice, please contribute.
Thanks

Return to “Unlisted Phones”