Acer Cloudmobile S500

Post here for unlisted phone models
xlouk

Acer Cloudmobile S500

Post by xlouk » Sat May 11, 2013 9:58 am

Hello,
my S500 has a Snapdragon 1.5GHz S4 Dual-Core MSM8260A processor from Qualcomm and operates with Jelly Bean (4.1.2).
In System/lib folder it has libril-acer-qmi-1.so file instead of libril-qc-qmi-1.so.
Does this mean the rsap sw offered here will not work? End if so, can this be fixed?
BR
xlouk

admin
Site Admin

Re: Acer Cloudmobile S500

Post by admin » Sun May 12, 2013 9:26 am

Can you please email me the zipped file? Or upload it here?

xlouk

Post by xlouk » Sun May 12, 2013 10:54 am

Hello admin,

thanks for the reply. The file was to large for upload here. I did send it per e-mail to you.

BR

xlouk

texdo

Post by texdo » Sun May 12, 2013 5:13 pm

But isn't it supported out-of-the-box? Acer claimed that here: https://www.bluetooth.org/tpg/QLI_viewQDL.cfm?qid=20000
I thougt of buying this phone last autumn but small battery capacity was an essential fault from my point of view.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 13, 2013 6:55 pm

The RIL lib is simply renamed - for whatever reason. You may try the following:
  • rename libril-acer-qmi-1.so to libril-qc-qmi-1.so (e.g. using Root Explorer)
  • Install rSAP system files
  • reaname libril-qc-qmi-1.so to libril-acer-qmi-1.so
  • cross fingers and reboot ;)
But first make sure rSAP does not work out of the box!

xlouk

Post by xlouk » Mon May 13, 2013 11:41 pm

Looks like, that it should in dead work out of the box, what i didn't expect. But...

The RNS510 finds the S500, requests for the 16 digit code. After that, the phone is paired, but then the worse starts. Phone says connectd, while car says trying to connect, Sometimes the car request the pin, but I could not find the ok or save menu entry. I red, that it should appear, when pressing up or down arrow key on right car wheel button, after the pin was entered, which I will try tomorrow.

While experimenting to connect, the phone requested several times for the PUK to unlock the device. For those how are trying the same, be prepaired to have the PUK by hand, otherwise thats it with using this SIM Card.

Since the SIM-Card in my old phone N5800 is a large one and the S500 requires a micro card, I had to use scrissers to cut it to the size of a micro card, which at first I didn't like to do.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 14, 2013 7:35 am

If the car finds your phone without my app running (!!), there is in fact some rSAP active in the stock ROM. Does anyone have a link to a deodexed custom ROM for this phone? I'd like to investigate how it works :geek:

xlouk

Post by xlouk » Tue May 14, 2013 11:55 pm

Hello,

still I have a problem to get it to work. Pairung works but the car can't get control over the S500 an it seems to me, that there is a problem with the pin. Sometimes after pairing, the car requests for a pin, I can enter it but storing fails. It looks like, the car uses then any pin code, to access the phone, sometimes more then 3 times, which has the result, that after decopling from the car, I am requested to enter the PUK and Pin to unlock the sim card.
And it looks like there is a time window, where the car requests for the pin after pairng.
If the car doesnt't request for the pin after pairing, it Shows cenneting and after about 30s failed to establich connection.

BR

xlouk

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 15, 2013 9:03 am

This happens with or without my app? If it is with my app, please create a "main" log and mail it to me. If not, check if my HCI logger works on your phone and if it does, create a log with it.

xlouk

Post by xlouk » Fri May 17, 2013 11:20 am

Hello admin,

no, it happens with build in SW. In the meanwhile, I could enter the pin of the phone in VW prem FSE menü, but that did't help. I can let the FSE search for the S500. When previously paired, the S500 shows conneted, while FSE says "Establishing connection", then sometimes FSE shows "Phone will be intialized. Please wait!" and thats it. Probably after timeout of a few minutes, phone want's control back and request for PIN code.

For HCI logger or your app, a rooted device is required. For rooting I am using the Acer Tool http://acercloudmobile.blogspot.de/p/tool.html which fails, because adb claims "ADB error: More than one device and emulator". Couldn't figure out why yet. Looks like, there ist a service listening to a port scanned by adb.

Any hint to fix that is welcome.

An other option could be, you modify your installer, that it accepts also libril-acer-qmi-1.so :| .

BR

xlouk

Return to “Unlisted Phones”