New VW Passat wont work with HTC any longer

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Volkswagen/Skoda Premium

New VW Passat wont work with HTC any longer

Post by 525047 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:37 pm

I've been using my HTC one V phone with my VW Passat 510 premium phone kit which had an analogue radio without problem for about 3 yrs with the rSAP app. Now, I've just changed the car for a brand new VW Passat again but it has the new model 510 kit with a DAB radio.

My phone no longer works with it. I can pair the phone and the car together and it displays O2-UK and the profile name etc but it wont download the phone book and if I try and make a phone call comes up call failed.

I'm using rSAP app v2.4.1 which worked with the old car. Bluetooth pairs ok but the rSAP app says the Bluetooth state is "not connected" even though it seems to be.

My HTC One V phone is Andriod 4.0.3. The phone bluetooth settings show VW PHONE as paired with profiles of Phone Audio and Media Audio both ticked.

Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Thanks in Advance
Neill

admin
Site Admin

Re: New VW Passat wont work with HTC any longer

Post by admin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:40 pm

It looks like you don't have the "Premium" phone in your new car - the navigation system or radio doesn't matter. You don't need rSAP if you don't have a "Premium" phone.

Maybe my phonebook app helps to keep the connection stable, simply test with the trial version. If not, I don't know what you can do.

Post by 525047 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:45 pm

I assumed it was the premium phone kit as its exactly what I ordered previously. I have no ideas what the difference is between the premium and standard? It wont work with or without rSAP enabled but does connect.

I installed the trial app too as you suggested but got similar results. However, at one point I was able to ring from the car kit into my voicemail and it worked fine through the speakers but it hasn't worked since. I cannot dial out or download the phonebook but it connects to the phone ok. When I tried to access the paid for rSAP app it told me to de-install the trial app. which I did.

Ive attached the log files I could find on the SD card. there was only one but when It emailed it became two files for some reason.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.
Attachments
Rsap logs from phone.zip
(2.91 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:57 pm

There is no rSAP communication visible in the log. You may check your invoice if there is a "Premium" phone kit on it ;)

Return to “VW/Skoda Premium”