Golf MK7 Discovery Navigation and Sony Xperia Z (Unrooted)

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Volkswagen/Skoda Premium
Chaucer2468

Golf MK7 Discovery Navigation and Sony Xperia Z (Unrooted)

Post by Chaucer2468 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi Everyone.
Just collected my first ever Golf. (Mk7 GT.)

Only (frustrating) issue I have is that I am unable to show any contact (favourites) pictures on the stereo screen. I have the Discovery Navigation system - not the Pro.

Phone (Sony Xperia Z, Android) pairs fine and I have paired and repaired 5 or 6 times. Contact numbers and names transferring over and I can make a call. I just can't get the contact pictures to show .

Album Art displays along with Radio Station Logo's I have added.

The worst thing I set-up my mate's Composition Media two month ago and his contact pictures show up fine - and he has the same phone.

Any help with this niggle would be much appreciated as twittering @VWUK has only come up with "take it to the garage."

Cheers.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Golf MK7 Discovery Navigation and Sony Xperia Z (Unroote

Post by admin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:58 pm

I don't have any experience with the new Golf, so I can only guess that the car dislikes one or even all of the pictures. Maybe they are very large? You may try if a small picture for one contact gets transferred. You can also check if my phonebook (trial version) helps, although I don't think it will.

Chaucer2468

Post by Chaucer2468 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi.

Thanks for the feedback. I did try the phonebook and it didn't help. I have also tried smaller contact pictures but unfortunately no luck.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:19 am

You can create a log with my app and check if the phone sends pictures. If yes, there are big chunks of random characters in the log. If not you may send it to me for further analysis. You can cut all the contact data between BEGIN and END VCARD if you don't want me to read it.

Return to “VW/Skoda Premium”