VW Premium FSE detects Samsung Gio as incompatible bt device

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Volkswagen/Skoda Premium
ensirk

VW Premium FSE detects Samsung Gio as incompatible bt device

Post by ensirk » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Yesterday I bought a Samsung Gio with the assumption all Samsung devices support SAP for my VW FSE, but it doesn't. I was about to send it back though I spend some time searching for others having this issue. And I found android-rsap.com happy somebody is working on this. I followed the instructions, all looked good. But...
The RNS310 still states that the Gio bluetooth is an incompatible device. All searching for devices stops with 'Bluetooth Geraet ist nicht kompatibel' (it is a german car).
Do anybody else have this problem or a idea how to proceed? Tx.

ensirk

PS: Funny is, that the Samsung Hotline stated that the Gio supports rSAP.

admin
Site Admin

Re: VW Premium FSE detects Samsung Gio as incompatible bt de

Post by admin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:02 am

Can you please send me the file libsec-ril.so by email to admin (at) android-rsap.com? It's either located in /system/lib or /system/vendor/lib. So I can check if it is similar to the Galaxy S version.

YGrunt

Post by YGrunt » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi

Did you got a chance to look at the libsec-ril.so of the Galaxy Gio?

Just bought one last week and have spend several days trying to use your implemenation.

Eventually i got it to work, but the phone could no more connect to the SIM card. After I used the original libsec-ril.so, the phone could again connect to the SIM card.

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi,

with the Samsung phones it seems to be not so easy as with the HTC phones. Even though the RIL lib of the Galaxy Ace has the same functions as the Galaxy S, rSAP does not work. So it does not help to look at the RIL lib.

To find out if rSAP runs on the Gio you simply have to try out. Check if there is a libsec-ril.so, if yes, install system files with the installer app and then install and run the trial version. Watch for any error messages on the display. If everything is ok the car should recognize the phone and you should be able to pair. If the car connects then, fine! If the phone reboots on connection or does other strange things I cannot make it work.

And please tell me if you succeeded or not!

Return to “VW/Skoda Premium”