Please Insert Sim Card, rSAP

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Volkswagen/Skoda Premium
spacewalker

Please Insert Sim Card, rSAP

Post by spacewalker » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Hello guys
My 1st post , hope somebody can help me

I have Pentagram Monster P430-1 and 3C8 035 730D Premium BT

2 weeks ago I made SW update on my Monster to 4.1.2 and now when I try to connect said - Please insert Sim card.
I installed the rSAP (that one for free because only that one was working), (installation passed with root phone)
Before update SW, was possible connect to rSAP but not always.
Let say - on 10 connections - 2 was with rSAP, 8 typical , but when I leave car it was necesairly reboot phone because couldnt find a network.
Also last time couldnt download whole Phone book.
Even after Phone Book profile (PBAP) only 15 record and not first 15 , some 15

Admin - you are doing well job, if you have something for test, I am here to test it .
Let me know

Happy X-mass guys

admin
Site Admin

Re: Please Insert Sim Card, rSAP

Post by admin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:12 pm

I checked the specs of your phone, it is a dual SIM device. I don't have any experience with these and expect that the dual SIM feature will no longer work after installing the rSAP system files. If everything still works, be happy!

Sometimes a phone shows the PIN entry screen while an rSAP connection is active, this should go away when the connection finishes. If the phone forces you to reboot you are out of luck. Maybe it is a dual SIM related problem. Did you reinstall the rSAP system files after the system update?

When you don't get an rSAP connection every time it may be because Android kills the rSAP service from time to time. The full version of the app has an option to force the service to stay active.

vodilo

Post by vodilo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Good afternoon.
I have a similar problem "Insert SIM card into the phone," but with some differences.
My phone Samsung S4 mini Dual (i9192), Android 4.4.2. (KitKat)
If we continue to very aggressively to establish a connection by sending a request (Setting -Phone mode -Premium mode) from the maxi dot Skoda Superb to the phone,
then 3 rd time connects and works perfectly.
The program rsap at this time - no connection and ignores attempts to connect, and only after the third query it works (revives) in mode Premium. I bought the full version of your program, because never imagined that such a problem waiting for me each time you reconnect. I made the connection log on the phone, and if necessary I can provide.
Please help correctly set up.
Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:11 pm

I must say that the I9192 is strange. I bought one and remember that rSAP worked fine out of the box. Then I messed up the firmware and reflashed a 4.2 version (Trinidad?). This didn't work very well, neither the built-in Samsung, nor my app. It always lost the second SIM card after an rSAP connection. Now I flashed the Russian 4.4.2 version, and this does not contain rSAP in the stock ROM, and my app also doesn't work very well, similar to the Trinidad 4.2 version.

What country version do you have on your phone?

vodilo

Post by vodilo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:39 am

I have the Russian version 4.4.2. Yes, and the loss of the second SIM card also has after an rSAP connection (The main problem - to connect to the premium regime manages the 3rd time). I did an experiment and turn off the second SIM card, but it did not solve the problem.
Admin, can I count on your help? Possible to eliminate errors in the application version 2.6?
Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:52 am

I must confess I don't really understand what's going wrong. The phone simply does not behave like I expect. Maybe there are bugs in the radio software? I'll continue to try to make it work somehow, but I cannot guarantee that I'll succeed.

vodilo

Post by vodilo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Ok, thanks in advance.
On a German forum discussed a similar problem, as I understand it (I know the German bad), then the problem is solved if temporarily before connecting to the Premium mode in the phone to turn off mobile data. I myself have a experimental yet not exercised, could be tested on Saturday.

ginfizz01

Post by ginfizz01 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Good evening,

I used the S4 mini Duos with rSAP while turning the data off prior to connecting the phone.
It worked fine for a minute, I even got the data connection. However, the connection crashed after a minute a two and I have had unstable connections ever since.

I have an algerian stock rom 4.2.2 (jelly bean). I was about to update to the russian 4.4.2 version but decided not to do it after reading the admin message.
I am not using the rSAP app, I will use it once I am sure that it works (before spending 9 euros that is).

* Edit *

I performed more tests today and here are my conclusion.
In order for the car phone to work one needs to disable the data. That is pretty clear now.
Then the connection works until the phonebook is transfered. The connection then fails... Cannot get my phone around this.
I will let you know as soon as I find a way around this.
Last edited by ginfizz01 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vodilo

Post by vodilo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Dear admin,
I tried to disable mobile data before connecting your phone to a gsm premium 3 I want to confirm that indeed it works! That is, if mobile data is disabled or you are connected to wi-fi everything works great and it solves the problem rSap. I have a question for you - you can make a revised application, which would be mobile data automatically disconnected before connecting to gsm premium 3 and plug in after disabling rSap?
Thanks in advance!

Return to “VW/Skoda Premium”