It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:29 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Connection time RNS510

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Volkswagen/Skoda Premium

Connection time RNS510

Post by sanj2000 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi All

I have managed to get my HTC One (M7) working on a Golf MkVI with an RNS510. I am however experiencing long delays in phone connecting to the car (avg.2-3m) and then to establish a mobile signal (avg 1m). There are time where it can take longer and occasionally less.
What times should I be expecting and are my times being experienced by others users?

Out of interest are setting it could/should be changing?

Thanks in advance

Sanj

Re: Connection time RNS510

Post by admin » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:30 pm

It usually takes far less than a minute from the moment I unlock the car.

You didn't mention what phone option you have ("Premium"?), the radio/nav system doesn't care when it comes to phone functions. If you use my app you most probably have the Premium phone. Then please mail me a "main" log (admin at ...). Does the display in the instrument cluster show "connecting" or "searching" during these 2-3 minutes?

I don't think you can mess up the connection time with any setting, surely not in the phone, and I can't think of any setting in the car to cause such problems. To be sure you may try a factory reset of the phone settings in the car.

Re: Connection time RNS510

Post by sanj2000 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:05 pm

I thought I had posted a reply, but must not have not hit the 'submit'

Since enabling the log function the connection time has improved, to around 40-60 which I am happy with. There are times it takes a while longer but the main thing is the app gives me everything I need it to do. Thanks for your hard work!

Return to VW/Skoda Premium