It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:48 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Three (UK) - No signal

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Volkswagen/Skoda Premium

Three (UK) - No signal

Post by djbrightman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:14 am

Hi
I have used this app for many years, using a couple of different phones with my VW Passat (2006) UHV Premium.
My current phone is Sony XperiaZ, which is rooted and has connected fine for the past 2 years.

I have just changed mobile provider from Orange to Three. I have successfully created a new connection and profile to the new SIM and whilst I can get the phone connected the car unit shows no signal and when trying to call reports 'No Network'.

The rSAP 'Check SIM Access' reports
'SELECT DF.GSM (GSM) File not found'

Could this be the issue?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions
Thanks
David

Re: Three (UK) - No signal

Post by admin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:26 pm

Maybe Three uses a different frequency which is not supported by the Premium phone? But that's not very likely. You may create a "main" log in the app and mail it to me (admin at ...), maybe I can find the problem.

Post by djbrightman » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Thanks for reply. Sorry so late in responding, I've been away on holiday!

I ordered a replacement SIM from Three, which has now arrived.

It seemed to pair OK - the phone reports it is connected, however the VW UHV PREM unit appears to be stuck "Initialising telephone. Please wait"

I have left this for several minutes and also unpaired from the phone and recreated the pairing but it still gets stuck.

I have turned on rsap logging and will email through the log

I'd appreciate any advice

Regards and thanks

David

Post by admin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:44 pm

A SIM card consists of directories and files, similar to a disk drive. Your SIM card doesn't seem to support one of the most important directories (DF GSM). It's one of the first directories any phone has to access. The Premium phone repeatedly tries to open it, but gets an error code every time. Finally it gives up. I have no idea why the card might return the error.

I guess your replacement card was simply the same as the one you had first. Maybe you can explain your problem to Three's support? Try to get a different card, maybe it helps to order a different size, e.g. a nano SIM with adapter, or a "normal" SIM and cut it yourself. But it may as well be that it is a general problem with Three...

Post by djbrightman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:25 am

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have opened another call with Three support and will bring this to their attention when they respond! I'll also try and find someone else using Three and check their SIM - like you say a different type/size may give different results.... fingers crossed!

Thanks again

Post by djbrightman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:59 pm

Unfortunately I'm not getting very far with Three...

My unit is a 3C0 035 730 B and the car just has the Red DIS/Multifunction steering wheel with MFD DVD Nav Unit. It doesn't have network mode selection (as mentioned in http://www.android-rsap.com/41-support/ ... miumq.html)

Is anyone aware of a replacement bluetooth module that will work with Red DIS/Multifunction steering wheel that allows network mode selection?

Cheers
David

Post by admin » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:58 pm

You have the 3C0 version? This is really old and may explain why it only uses GSM mode communication with the SIM card. I didn't mention this in my last post, but usually the Premiums "talk" USIM. I'll have to check that again with my 3C0. Maybe the Three card freaks out because of the ancient GSM mode? Who knows...

You may try to get a device with "DDP" from the list: http://www.android-rsap.com/faq/107.html. They should all support the red display and especially the 5N0s are quite cheap on eBay because they all don't support the Handsfree profile, which most people prefer. I'd guess you should be able to get a box for less than 20€. I'm not 100% sure that they work in your car, because the 3C0's menu structure differs quite a bit from the later versions.

I don't think the mode switch wil help, this only seems to affect the 3G capable Premiums and the logs look completely different in your case.

I once saw an adapter to make the new "white display" Premiums work in "red display" cars, but it was very expensive, as far as I remember more that 200€. And I no longer remember who made it or where to get it.

Post by djbrightman » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks again.
I have purchased a "5N0 035 730 C" on ebay and will try that...
Fingers crossed the unit will just plug in and not require any VCDS coding...!?!

Cheers
David

Post by admin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:07 pm

I plugged quite a few boxes into my Golf and they all worked immediately, as long as the protocol (DDP/BAP) matched. You may get some error entries while disconneting/connecting the box. I'm also not sure if the vehicle id number is stored in the Premium box and if a wrong id may show any problems when you connect a diagnosis device.

Post by djbrightman » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:21 am

Hi
Just to confirm that the "5N0 035 730 C" just plugged in and worked fine. I could connect to the device (Sony Xperia Z Version: 5.0.2 Build: 10.6.A.0.454) using android-rsap and transfer phone book, etc.
N.B. I have updated to Lollipop as requested by Three support

However, still getting no signal...

I went in to 'Select Operator' and set it to Manual. I could see all the providers (3, 02 - UK, Vodaphone - UK) and when I selected '3' I get "Access to 3 is not allowed"

I have emailed through another 'main' log, in case it shows anything else I can use with Three support.

I'm sure this is a "Three" issue but would appreciate anything you can give me to help persuade them that the issue is with them and what they can do to resolve it!

Many thanks

David

Next

Return to VW/Skoda Premium