äöüß not correct in carkit-Phonebook

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Volkswagen/Skoda Premium
cnow

äöüß not correct in carkit-Phonebook

Post by cnow » Thu May 05, 2011 9:47 am

Hello,
yesterday I bought "RSAP"-App in shop and created a new connection between RNS510 and my DHD (LeeDroid 3.0.1). After second attempt connection was stable the whole time and even after reconnect (and DHD-reboot of course) there were no problems. Great!

The only thing I recognized: After syncing my phonebook with RNS510 all peoples names with "äöüß" had instead special characters in their names. This makes it difficult (impossible) to use the voice recognition.
Is this a known error or can I do something to avoid it? Thanks for your answer!

best regards,
cnow

admin
Site Admin

Re: äöüß not correct in carkit-Phonebook

Post by admin » Thu May 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi,

thanks for buying the app!

I guess the problems occur with the phone contacts and not the SIM phonebook? Then it's not handled by rSAP. Two characters for each umlaut (Tür -> Tür)? Then the RNS510 cannot handle UTF-8 character coding (although it should!).

I'm planning to extend the Android Open Source Bluetooth phonebook implementation with some options to fix issues like character coding, large pictures, ... I'm not sure if this will run with LeeDroid because it probably uses a HTC implementation of the phonebook transfer.

See also: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8846

cnow

Post by cnow » Thu May 05, 2011 12:46 pm

admin wrote:Hi,

thanks for buying the app!

I guess the problems occur with the phone contacts and not the SIM phonebook? Then it's not handled by rSAP. Two characters for each umlaut (Tür -> Tür)? Then the RNS510 cannot handle UTF-8 character coding (although it should!).

I'm planning to extend the Android Open Source Bluetooth phonebook implementation with some options to fix issues like character coding, large pictures, ... I'm not sure if this will run with LeeDroid because it probably uses a HTC implementation of the phonebook transfer.

See also: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8846
Hi,
I did wonder 'cause the last time I tested RSAP-App this problem didn't exist. The only difference is that I used LeeDroid 2.2.2. (system files were the same). I've got no contacts on my SIM at all.
BUT: Maybe there's something broken with my contacts at all. Did some actions with combining google and outlook contacts. I also use now MyPhoneExplorer to sync - first step to become independent of HTC SENSE - in order to use ASOP ROMs...
Important message is: RNS should handle special characters. So I'll try to get my contacts on DHD all right.
best regards,
cnow

Edit: now I got my contacts reorganized and voila: no special characters any more - just äüßö ;-)

boky

Post by boky » Thu May 26, 2011 8:25 am

Hello, I have a similar issue. I don't know if its the same problem or not, but feel free to open a new thread.

What happens is:
- phone book is OK
- call register (last dialed, missed calls) is not OK

Exacly the same happens: e.g. "Müller" i see "Müller". I did not have an issue with this when I used a Nokia, so it must be a problem on rSap's side.

Technical:
- Desire Z, rooted, 1.72.405.2 CL296256
- Android 2.2.1
- rSAP v1.0

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 26, 2011 10:22 pm

Is it the last dialed/missed call lists from the phone? I just saw in a log that these lists seem to be transferred by PBAP as well. And the strange thing is that non-ASCII strings are encoded differently in last dial list and phonebook contact:

last dial list:

Code: Select all

FN;CHARSET=UTF-8:Müller

Code: Select all

N;CHARSET=UTF-8;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:=4D=C3=BC=6C=6C=65=72;;;;
I will further investigate that but it looks like PBAP is the problem again.

boky

Post by boky » Thu May 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Yes, it's retrieved from the phone.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 26, 2011 10:30 pm

BTW: what happens when you miss a call in the car? I guess it is not stored in the phone list. Is it shown in the car missed call list? How was that working with the Nokia phone?

boky

Post by boky » Thu May 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Good question. I need to try it out; firstly I need someone from PAB with intl letters to call me up. Will let you know -- hopefully tommorow.

Nokia had no issues whatsoever either way.

boky

Post by boky » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:56 pm

Incoming calls are stored correctly in the incoming list if the phone call is received in a car.

Seems the only problem is initial synchronization. It seems that UTF-8 gets read somewhere as ISO-8859-1 (given characters seen).

learner

Post by learner » Sun May 06, 2012 3:57 pm

I have similar problems with an incomplete transfer to the carkit VW premium. The rsap problem has been solved nicely with your app. But the contacts which have included an email adress are not transmitted from the galaxy s2. The reason seems to be that Galaxy S2/Android has stored the email adresses automatically as "private email". If you change it to "other" the transfer works fine. Is there a way to modify this automac storage or what can i do?

Thanks for any advise

Return to “VW/Skoda Premium”