Phonebook wasn't loaded completely

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Volkswagen/Skoda Premium
JoeMue

Phonebook wasn't loaded completely

Post by JoeMue » Thu May 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi,

I'm using a HTC Desire with Cyanogen Mod 7.0.3 with rSAP paid version and a Skoda Superb with Premium FSE.

The connect to the FSE via Bluetooth (rSAP) isn't a problem and also communication (calling in- and outside) is possible.
But the phonebook wasn't loaded completely (only about 100 contacts). I have in my Android phonebook 329 contacts with about 1000 phone numbers (yes, also with german special characters and a lot of pictures) - the access with "normal" bluetooth (without rSAP) is OK and I see all contacts and the numbers as well.
The download of the same addressbook via rSAP protocol on my Blackberry isn't also a problem.

There are no error messages or other findings on my HTC and the Car FSE as well. A reset and recreation of the pairing connection and the installation of the new system files (6th May) didn't change anything.

What's wrong and how to troubleshoot the problem or find the misconfigured addressbook entry?

Thanks in advance for the help and kind regrads!

Jörg

ayasystems

Re: Phonebook wasn't loaded completely

Post by ayasystems » Mon May 23, 2011 10:38 pm

I've the same problem. I thing group contacts is the problem. I've gmail and exchange conctacs... Any idea?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 24, 2011 10:13 am

Sorry, must have missed your post. Just to clarify: the problem lies most probably in the standard Android Phonebook Access Protocol and not in the rSAP implementation, but I will try to fix it anyway.

Please create a "HCI" log before starting to sync the phonebook, let it run until the sync stops and send it to my 'admin' e-mail. @ayasystems: The HCI log should work with Cyanogen but may fail with other ROMs. And please give me plenty of time to research because HCI logs are so hard to read...

I guess there is a single contact that causes the trouble and I hope I can find it in the logs and find the reason why this one stops the transfer. The exact number of transferred and total contacts will also help me. Perhaps you can find out yourself which contact is the first one that is missing and what may be special about that contact compared to the ones that successfully transferred?

ayasystems

Post by ayasystems » Tue May 24, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm sure rSAP is not the problem. I've tested it with and without rSap library and app and have missed contacts.... I don't know what can i do to have all contacts... I'll send you the log asap.

(my english isnt very good, sorry)

PS I've HTC HD2 with NAND android

forcefreak

Post by forcefreak » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:21 pm

I had the same issue with my contacts (only 72 / 111)

After removing the work/home attribute on all contact's email adresses (GMail contacts) it worked for me.
HTC One S (C2)
Cyanogenmod 10.1
RNS510 & Premium FSE (VW Golf 6 R)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:24 pm

You changed email type to "other"? I'll check what happens in the PBAP output when I change the type field...

forcefreak

Post by forcefreak » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:21 pm

admin wrote:You changed email type to "other"? I'll check what happens in the PBAP output when I change the type field...
No, I removed the "type" of each e-mail address completely. see attachment.

--> Hab ganz einfach auf GMAIL im Adressbuch links von jeder E-Mailadresse jedes Kontakts den Typ angeklickt und mit [Entfernen] gelöscht und gespeichert...
Attachments
gehtnicht.PNG
gehtnicht.PNG (14.57 KiB) Viewed 5129 times
geht.PNG
geht.PNG (12.69 KiB) Viewed 5129 times
HTC One S (C2)
Cyanogenmod 10.1
RNS510 & Premium FSE (VW Golf 6 R)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:00 pm

For all technically interested...

I made some tests with the mail data in the phone book. AOSP ROMS transfer a work/home email as:

Code: Select all

EMAIL;PREF;WORK:name@work.com
EMAIL;HOME:name@home.com
"pref" seems to mark the preferred address. When you don't specify work/home you get

EMAIL;PREF:name@work.com
EMAIL:name@home.com
HTC ROMs don't distinguish work/home and don't have a preferred entry and send

EMAIL;CHARSET=UTF-8:name@work.com
EMAIL;CHARSET=UTF-8:name@home.com
As I see it it is a bug in the car kit. It may simply ignore the "WORK" or "HOME" parameter. But it does not help to know who is responsible for a wrong behaviour so there should be options to omit the parameters in the phone. For AOSP ROMs this may be done in the Bluetooth.apk.

Until then it may help to remove the email type on AOSP ROMs. Please give feedback!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:30 pm

I also found out that the picture data from the HTC phones is sometimes simply invalid. Pictures are encoded in Base64 and some HTC pictures contain an odd number of bytes. It looks like there are 3 bytes missing. That's an explanation (but no excuse!) why car kits crash.

AOSP ROMs do not send any pictures at all...

rabe52

Post by rabe52 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Same problem with Samsung (Galaxy Note) but not with Nokia (C7)
car device: Skoda Columbus

Return to “VW/Skoda Premium”