Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Jelly Bean 4.1.1, VW Premium WORKS

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Volkswagen/Skoda Premium
spi483

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Jelly Bean 4.1.1, VW Premium WORKS

Post by spi483 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:37 am

admin wrote: 2. Sadly I don't know an answer to that question. I guess this is hard-coded somewhere in the Android system. The Linux base should not care which connection is active. Probably someone else can explain...?
Seems to be that bug: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=33666

spi483

Post by spi483 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:50 pm

spi483 wrote:Isn't the Bluetooth.apk up and running all the time Bluetooth is enabled on the phone?
If yes, does it crash somehow and therefore phone book sync doesn't work anymore? Then I could try to monitor the task and restart it as soon as it crashes. By why then rSAP still works?
Did some more digging into this.

For some reasons I can't understand some days in a row the address book sync works and then suddenly not. Turning off/on Bluetooth on the phone helps.

If I kill the com.android.bluetooth service on purpose the phone book doesn't sync anymore but the rSAP connection stays alive. I wonder how to monitor the com.android.bluetooth service (or its interface) and if not available or reachable to restart it.

spi483

Post by spi483 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:20 pm

spi483 wrote:4) As Android doesn't detect a Bluetooth DUN dialup connection as a valid Internet connection I thought it might be easier to use a Bluetooth DUN/Wifi router instead. Let the router connect via Bluetooth DUN through the car kit to the Internet and host a Wifi netwotk in the car all mobile devices might connect to... Unfortunately I couldn't find any Bluetooth/Wifi router but will try a Raspberry Pi to set that up instead.
Tried a Palm Pre to connect via Bluetooth DUN to the car kit but didn't succeed as there's no Bluetooth DUN support at all. Got this working with an old Motorola Milestone but had to root the Milestone, install CM7 and some additional kernel modules. What I don't like about the Milestone is how to turn it on when it's powered off and the car is started again - it only has a 'hardware' power button...

Easiest way is the Raspberry Pi indeed. Got now a working Bluettooth DUN connection to the car kit. Have just to find some WiFi dongle which supports AP mode on the Raspberry Pi. Then it's just to set up an AP, enable IP forwarding, some firewalling rules and that's it - a WiFi hotspot in the car. I open a new post as soon I get this working.

spi483

Post by spi483 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:55 pm

spi483 wrote:
spi483 wrote:Isn't the Bluetooth.apk up and running all the time Bluetooth is enabled on the phone?
If yes, does it crash somehow and therefore phone book sync doesn't work anymore? Then I could try to monitor the task and restart it as soon as it crashes. By why then rSAP still works?
Did some more digging into this.

For some reasons I can't understand some days in a row the address book sync works and then suddenly not. Turning off/on Bluetooth on the phone helps.

If I kill the com.android.bluetooth service on purpose the phone book doesn't sync anymore but the rSAP connection stays alive. I wonder how to monitor the com.android.bluetooth service (or its interface) and if not available or reachable to restart it.
I use Tasker now to check right after booting the phone if com.android.bluetooth is running and if not - turn off/on Bluetooth to restart com.android.bluetooth.

Return to “VW/Skoda Premium”