Volkswagen Golf Mk7 + Galaxy Nexus

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Volkswagen/Skoda Premium
daveb666

Volkswagen Golf Mk7 + Galaxy Nexus

Post by daveb666 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:35 am

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of a brand new 2013 VW Golf mk7. It has the standard factory bluetooth headunit/kit installed.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GT-19250).

I can connect my phone to the bluetooth OK, make/receive calls and access my recent calls list. I am also able to 'stream' music through the stereo.

I have a problem syncing my contacts to the car. After pausing for a while and saying "downloading contacts" I receive a message saying "No available contacts with phone numbers found".

NB. I am saying 'OK' to the prompt I receive on my phone asking whether or not to allow the carkit to have access to my calls/contacts.

Does this sound like a phone issue/kit issue or other? I have tried downloading the bluetooth phonebook app (test) and I still receive the same error.

I have also manually copied all my contacts to the SIM in the phone, in case that's where they needed to be - same issue.
Some of my contacts have photos, the majority don't.

Thanks in advance for your help!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Volkswagen Golf Mk7 + Galaxy Nexus

Post by admin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:43 pm

The test phonebook app is far behind the full version. It only implements the IrMC profile. I should remove it from the Play Store until I have something that is really a test version...

Simply try the full version. If it does not work mail me your order confirmation, I can give you a refund even after the 15 minutes.

If your phone is rooted I'd be interested in a HCI log of a Bluetooth session. I'd like to know if the new Golf asks for more fields than only name and phone number :geek:

daveb666

Post by daveb666 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi mate. Downloaded the full app. Ran it, re-synced the phone and still get the same error.

I'm not too concerned for a refund, I just want it to work :-(

My phone isn't rooted.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Does the app show a "last connected" below a profile?

daveb666

Post by daveb666 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:15 am

Yeh, the last connected says the name of my cars Bluetooth system.

The 'state' bit says "ready"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:31 am

Is your phone rooted? Then please create a HCI log with my logger app from Play Store and mail it to me. If not I'll try to create logs at my local VW dealer at the weekend. Do you have a large screen in your VW that may show contact pictures?

daveb666

Post by daveb666 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi mate,

my phone isn't rooted and I don't really want to do that to it really.

This sat-nav unit does allow photos of contacts to be transferred. I'm thinking the issue is with my particular model of phone as the contacts aren't stored on 'the phone' as it's all that corporate/google contact garbage on it.

I have downloaded an app that copies all my contacts on to the SIM in the hope that that would work, but still nothing :(

I really appreciate your help with this. I'm sure this problem will crop up again as the units in the mk7 are new I believe.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:06 pm

The latest update of the phonebook app includes a log option. Can you check if you see something suspicios or mail me the logs so I can check them? Perhaps it is the picture transfer, if yes I could add an option to disable it.

daveb666

Post by daveb666 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi,can you tell me where the logs get saved please?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:36 am

They should be stored on the SD card/USB memory in folder ".rsap".

Return to “VW/Skoda Premium”