Volkswagen Golf Mk7 + Galaxy Nexus

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Volkswagen/Skoda Premium
daveb666

Re: Volkswagen Golf Mk7 + Galaxy Nexus

Post by daveb666 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:14 am

Hi Admin,

I don't have that folder anywhere in my phone! I've searched both through explorer on the PC and through an App on the phone :(

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 pm

I'll check if I made a mistake... Can you please manually create a folder ".rsap" in the "SD card" folder (don't know the exact path) and try again?

daveb666

Post by daveb666 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 am

Email on it's way!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 pm

This looks strange: your phonebook has no entries...? Call lists are visible, but phonebook is reported as empty. Do you use some special sync software? Are the contacts visible in the contacts app?

daveb666

Post by daveb666 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:15 am

My phone book has entries, I don't use any sync software.

From what I can tell my phone doesn't have a 'phone book' and all the contacts are stored in like a Google account thing. (That's what I said in my initial post).

Surely anyone else with the same model phone as me must have the same problems?

fubofo

Post by fubofo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Hey there,

Apologies for hijacking this post but I have also just picked up my new VW Golf MkVII (wonderful machine btw).

I have successfully managed to connect and sync my device using Bluetooth (all contacts, call history, etc.) with just the standard Android Bluetooth stack. I'm using GT-I9300 (Galaxy S III).

Can I ask if this app/bluetooth stack will allow me to transfer my contact images and does it also control A2DP? I would like to have my audio playlist show up on screen (currently it plays and controls fine, just won't read playlist or file data).

My device is rooted btw, I'm fairly familiar with Android. I'm willing to test your apps as I should also be able to provide logs, etc.

[if you want me to create a new separate thread I will]
Last edited by fubofo on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fubofo

Post by fubofo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Oh forgot to add I'm currently running RootBox ROM 4.2.2

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:44 am

I don't have any experience with the new Golf. I know that it asks for the contact pictures, which the older cars didn't. Maybe Samsung switched off picture transfer completely, at least the Open Source Android code does, and it looks similar to what Samsung uses.

My phonebook app does transfer contact pictures if the car asks for them, only I don't know if the car will be happy with what it gets ;)

I don't have an app that helps with the media player. I checked how it works and found out that it's impossible to do something in a separate app. A2DP is too deeply embedded with the Android system.

Return to “VW/Skoda Premium”