Selection of contacts for transfer via PBAP

Place feature requests here
foren

Selection of contacts for transfer via PBAP

Post by foren » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:52 pm

It would be handy to get only your important contacts transferred to the car i.e. by selecting a category - i.e. mobilephone - or a contacts subfolder which should be transferred via PBAP. I have nealy 1000 contacts in my list which are not easyly to handle via the wheel or search funktion which lasts a bit.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Selection of contacts for transfer via PBAP

Post by admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Please place that request on some official Google site. PBAP/Bluetooth.apk is a part of Android.

terje.tel

Post by terje.tel » Thu May 09, 2013 4:31 pm

I would like to bump this topic now that you great Bluetooth Phonebook App already is something you made and I guess it would be possible to you to make some filters for that?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 09, 2013 6:00 pm

If all goes well this feature will be included in the next version. Maybe in 2 or 3 weeks.

terje.tel

Post by terje.tel » Thu May 09, 2013 6:01 pm

That is perfect, I have a few friends I know will be happy for that in addition to me then :) Like I wrote in another thread, I can test as long as I don't need root :)

terje.tel

Post by terje.tel » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Didn't have time to write earlier, but when I saw you released the version with selection of contact groups I was very happy, but when I found I can only select one group it wasn't really as helpful as I hope. So, I really wish you could make it possible to select a subset of groups, not just one. Please :o)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:06 am

That was my first idea, but it was so slow because I had to run rather complicated queries. With only one group it's a lot faster. You may create a special group only for Bluetooth transfer that contains all needed contacts.

terje.tel

Post by terje.tel » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:55 pm

I see, thing is that for my needs I need to include contacts from multiple sources and therefore have to select more than one group. For instance I want to include all my work contacts (from Exchange) and just some groups from my private contacts (from Google).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:57 pm

It should be possible to add a contact to more than one group. You can do that in the standard contacts app. Of course, when your contact data frequently changes you have a bit more work.

terje.tel

Post by terje.tel » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:00 pm

I guess it is possible to add contacts from different sources into the same groups on the device itself, but it will become really painful in the long run as it will not be synced and I switch devices quite often. I would really like having the option to select more than one group :o)

Return to “Feature Requests”