rSAP GPRS modem support

Place feature requests here
admin
Site Admin

Re: rSAP GPRS modem support

Post by admin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:12 pm

It looks like you get the source for your ROM here: https://github.com/andromadus/. There is more than one repository with "kernel" in description, it's not obvious which is the one you need.

I also cannot estimate how complicated it will be for a "noob" to compile his own kernel. But you grow with the challenges 8-)

callsign107

Post by callsign107 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:41 am

So it must be easy to do on stock Rom with a ready kernel? Does it need adjustment every time there's a fw upgrade though ? I hope mine workz!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:47 pm

It does not matter if it is a stock or custom kernel. If the module is not already contained in the kernel or the kernel module delivered with the kernel, you are in trouble. In my opinion this is a huge PITA when using Linux! I don't know why the Linux guys don't fix it, I guess they want to enforce the GNU license for drivers. And the user has to suffer...

There are even basic differences between different kernels: for the Galaxy Nexus I was not able to use the module that was created using the exact kernel source from Google. And I had to patch the file for every minor update. In contrast the Samsung Galaxy S III module worked directly from build and keeps working with the third system update!

I wish it was easier...

Return to “Feature Requests”