rSAP GPRS modem support

Place feature requests here
admin
Site Admin

Re: rSAP GPRS modem support

Post by admin » Sun May 20, 2012 10:59 am

Yes. If there are no kernel modules yet, the path is not existing. CyanogenMod ROMs already have some modules in that path so I used the same.

tiefimwesten

Post by tiefimwesten » Sun May 20, 2012 11:53 am

Ok. Next problem. Trying to create this directory, linda manager and mkdir are resulting in an error 'not possible to create. filesystem is read only'. But chmod tells me, root has got r/w-rights.

Solved... I've remounted the /system path as read/write ( mount -rw -o remount /system ). Then I was able to create the modules - dir and copy the file to this location

tiefimwesten

Post by tiefimwesten » Thu May 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi,

testing the modem support, it seems to work quite well. Normally, everything works fine. I'm getting traffic warnings at my nav app, google maps/navigation works,.... So, all the 'standard' net-infos I need during driving, I'm achiving.
But there is one strange behaviour. Sometimes, the VW-FSA premium is not able to connect by modem with my Nexus. At the rSAP-app I recogonized, that the DUN menu item disappeared. After re-installing the dun-app and installing the files by menupoint once again, it works fine again. This happend not often, but sometimes.

Ingo

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 25, 2012 7:41 am

Then the plugin crashes... :oops:

Could you please create a "main" log of the crash? "rsap" filter should be off. It is enough if you start the log directly after the connection aborts and immediately stop. Note that you have to navigate back to the rSAP main screen to actually start/stop the tracing. Be careful when doing this while driving :o

tiefimwesten

Post by tiefimwesten » Fri May 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Ok, I'll test it tomorrow. Sounds funny, but I hope the crash will happen during testing :) .
And I will be careful.. ;)

Thx, Ingo

Volker2012

Post by Volker2012 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 pm

First of all: Thank you, Martin for the great job with your RSAP-App and the new DUN-plugin.

I tried the DUN-Plugin with my SGS2 and the VW Passat FSE Premium. I use Siyah kernel 3.2.4 which has ppp_async support already compiled in, so I don't need to compile or download an extra kernel module.

It took me a while to find out that it's not possible to connect via DUN, while a media-player connection to the FSE is active. This is a pity, because so any navigation app or music player on the phone can't use the car speakers. (@VAG: bad design)

After deactivating the media-player connection, I finally managed to set up an internet connection via DUN over the car phone, although the DUN-plugin says "Error" and doesn't count any data transmitted. And it's not working on every time rsap is connected. I would like to dig into this a little bit more and it would be helpful if the DUN-plugin would run a editable script instead of calling the external programs like rfcomm, sdptool and pppd directly. At least it would be helpful, if the pppd options are read from a text file (pppd call <filename>). Martin, do you think, you can change the plugin that way.

tiefimwesten

Post by tiefimwesten » Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi,

there it is. Sunday, the plugin crashed once again. Log is attached.
But at the evening I've recognized, that the menupoint of the plugin was back visible without re-installing. Funny... :?

Ingo

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Sorry, nearly forgot you... I can't find anything in the log that explains a crash. Perhaps if you can try again?

tiefimwesten

Post by tiefimwesten » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi,
Sorry for my late reply, back from a journey. I'll try to provoke it again...

Ingo

tiefimwesten

Post by tiefimwesten » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:50 am

No news about a crashing plugin, but one question.
Because I'm living near a border, I've have de-activated dataroaming at my GN to prevent expensive invoices.
Does your DUN-plugin also de-activate roaming, if this option is set?

Ingo

Return to “Feature Requests”