It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

SIM Phonebook features

Place feature requests here

SIM Phonebook features

Post by admin » Mon May 16, 2011 2:57 pm

How many of you cannot access the phone contacts because your car kit does not support Phone Book Access Protocol (PBAP)? I know that Opel does not support PBAP in rSAP mode.

I could add a feature to simulate the phone contacts as SIM contacts. Please comment here if you'd like to see this feature or if you have suggestions.

Re: SIM Phonebook features

Post by Scotch_Whisky » Wed May 18, 2011 4:25 pm

admin wrote:How many of you cannot access the phone contacts because your car kit does not support Phone Book Access Protocol (PBAP)? I know that Opel does not support PBAP in rSAP mode.

I could add a feature to simulate the phone contacts as SIM contacts. Please comment here if you'd like to see this feature or if you have suggestions.

The Mercedes SAP V2 does not appear to support PBAB. I copy my phonebook to the SIM using contact2sim from the Market. The phonebook is then correctly downloaded to the carkit from the SIM. I actually prefer this as it allows me to add /H /M and /W to numbers. I can also put commonly used numbers first by prefixing them with a hyphen.

I very rarely add numbers so am more than happy with it as is. I haven't had a single issue since loading the latest "system" files.

My phone is a HTC Desire with Cyanogen v7.0.3.
HTC Desire running Cyanogen v7.0.3
Mercedes SAP V2

Post by Lupe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:21 pm

The Audi A6 pre 09/2008 does not support PBAP. I read the post 09/2008 version does, but have no way to check.

I'm a Contact2SIM customer, too.

Post by stu1021 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:05 am

I would be very interested in this since my EVO 4G does not have a SIM card and I haven't figured out how to get this to work.
The ARGOS BT unit in my Mercedes is pretty primitive but is supposed to download the first 85 or so phone numbers from a SIM card each time a phone connects to it. There is no memory once the car is turned off.

Thank You.

Rick

Post by Thomas.jaenicke » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Gibt es denn schon konkrete Pläne zur Realisierung?

Post by admin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:33 pm

I cannot tell when I will find the time. So many other things to do. But it's not forgotten.

Post by Muenchen-Michi » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:16 am

Hello,

I'm using rSap now for some weeks with my Galaxy S3. The only problem I have is, that my Nokia 616 carkit can only access the SIM contacs.

Today I've used MyPhonebookExplorer for the first time and in the synchronization options the only available protocol for my Samsung Galaxy S3 is "IrMC-Sync". So it seems that MPE can us IrMC on android. So maybe there's a way to support IrMC for rSap. Just an idea. Maybe you're interested in contacting the MPE-Developer.

I would also be willing to pay for an extra module for rSap if this will be able to sync the normal phonebook-contacs with my Nokia 616 carkit.

Regards,

Michi

Post by admin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:09 am

In the meantime I found a bit more information about the IrMC protocol. Perhaps I can find the time to write an app that implements it. It might help a lot of people because every car kit I've seen so far seems to support IrMC. But don't ask me for a release date...

Post by TIK » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:25 am

admin wrote:I could add a feature to simulate the phone contacts as SIM contacts. Please comment here if you'd like to see this feature or if you have suggestions.

I would like this feature. Is it still on your roadmap?

Post by admin » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Not really. There were no more requests for it. What car do you have which doesn't support any of the other Bluetooth phonebook profiles?

Next

Return to Feature Requests