SIM Phonebook features

Place feature requests here
TIK

Re: SIM Phonebook features

Post by TIK » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:16 pm

I use a BECKER Cascade Pro 7941 aftermarket unit.
Indeed it supports vCard import via OBEX and with lastest system software also PBAP. But in both cases you've to trigger the import manually. Contacts are copied into internal flash memory and are not associated to each particular cellphone. Furthermore contacts are not synchronized automatically.
SAP is quite more comfortable! Currently I store all contacts on SIM card, but...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:52 pm

It's quite complicated to implement the SIM phonebook simulation. When I offered the feature I thought more people would need it... In case you are a software developer you may implement it yourself. Interested?

TIK

Post by TIK » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:09 am

Yes, please contact me via PM or email...

antares56

Post by antares56 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:37 am

admin wrote:How many of you cannot access the phone contacts because your car kit does not support Phone Book Access Protocol (PBAP)? I know that Opel does not support PBAP in rSAP mode.

I could add a feature to simulate the phone contacts as SIM contacts. Please comment here if you'd like to see this feature or if you have suggestions.
I'm in such a situation: have a Mercedes SAP V2 bluetooth adapter which only supports SIM contact transfer. I would like to have such a feature. Are you planning to create it?

TIK

Released: rSAP Phonebook Plugin

Post by TIK » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:39 pm

Finally, after several month of successful use I decided to release the app via Playstore, for free!
So enjoy: rSAP Phonebook Plugin

Return to “Feature Requests”