Disconnect feature

Place feature requests here
boky

Disconnect feature

Post by boky » Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 am

Sometimes it is needed to disconnect the car kit from the phone (e.g. someone else needs to use the phone, to send an email...)

Currently there is no other way to disconnect the phone than to turn the car off.

Scotch_Whisky

Re: Disconnect feature

Post by Scotch_Whisky » Fri May 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Why not just turn off bluetooth on the phone? When the other person has finished with the phone turn bluetooth back on and it will reconnect. No need to stop the car!
HTC Desire running Cyanogen v7.0.3
Mercedes SAP V2

boky

Post by boky » Mon May 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Bluetooth cannot be turned off.

After rsap has "taken over" bluetooth, the bluetooth icon in settings is grayed out. Bluetooth cannot be turned off in any other way than turning the phone phisically off or messing around with the terminal.

Scotch_Whisky

Post by Scotch_Whisky » Tue May 31, 2011 5:21 pm

It can on my HTC Desire! I do it all the time when I want to check my emails in the car.

Edit: I was beginning to doubt myself. I have just tried it and I can definitely disconnect bluetooth from the phone when rSAP is connected. My bluetooth icon in the notification bar is not greyed out when rSAP is connected.
Mercedes SAP V2

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 31, 2011 8:03 pm

I can switch off Bluetooth, too. Only my car does not reconnect automatically after such a rude disconnect...

Scotch_Whisky

Post by Scotch_Whisky » Tue May 31, 2011 9:58 pm

admin wrote:I can switch off Bluetooth, too. Only my car does not reconnect automatically after such a rude disconnect...
Need to buy yourself a Merc then! :D

Seriously I leave bluetooth on 24/7 unless I want to check emails or access the internet while in the car. This way rSAP connects as soon as I start the car and disconnects as soon as I leave and get out of bluetooth range. I do this (rude disconnect?) many times a day with no problems at all.

The bluetooth rSAP module in the Mercedes remains powered if rSAP is connected even with the ignition key removed. Once out of bluetooth range, or bluetooth turned off on phone,the rSAP module appears to power down. It will not then reconnect until I turn the ignition back on or it reconnects after a minute or so if the ignition is already on.
I don't have to do anything as all, it's all completely automated. I had assumed you programmed it that way.
Mercedes SAP V2

Return to “Feature Requests”