Support Samsung phones

Place feature requests here
admin
Site Admin

Re: Support Samsung phones

Post by admin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Test version is available for download in Android Market. The installer app supports Samsung phones starting at version 0.7. Use rSAP trial V1.0 for testing!

BigladUK

Post by BigladUK » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:11 pm

Cool, thanks.

I've downloaded and installed it ( both the installer and App ) on my Nexus S running CM7 ( nightlies so 2.3.4 )

The app runs and installs fine so will test it out with my 2008 A8 tomorrow and report back.

Good work and thanks

Si

BigladUK

Post by BigladUK » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:36 am

OK, tried in on my short journey to work and it all seemed to work fine.

The first time I used it after pairing the phone book was available but when the trial timed out and I started the app again the phone book never re appeared.

Disconnecting and reconnecting was all good as was Text messages.

Can you confirm what should be happening with the phone book plus does the app do anything with the power settings on the phone like turn off some services as one of the benefits of rSAP from what I've read it allowing the phone to use less power while in Sim Access Profile

Thanks for all your hard work

Si

dobermann2611

Post by dobermann2611 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:07 pm

Magnificent job Martin, finally available on Samsung Galaxy SI900.Thank you and the app is worth every Euro

Greats Thomas

Louis

Post by Louis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Hello forum.
I'm new-posting, but following the threads for a while. I know nothing about android, but are willing to learn.
I'm driving skoda with the columbus~rSAP-combination.

I'm interested in rSAP on Samsung galaxy mini s5570. Is this possible now?
Can someone write a step-by-step for rooting, installing, ... and so on??

Thanks!
Louis

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:47 pm

If you can send me the libsec-ril.so file I can do a quick check before you root your phone. Use a file explorer (like OI File Manager) to open folder /system/lib or /system/vendor/lib and look for libsec-ril.so. If there is no such file, rSAP will not run. If you have the file please send it to me by mail to admin (at) android-rsap (dot) com. This should be possible from within the file explorer.

Louis

Post by Louis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi, thanks for responding.
:roll: I'm such a newbie... can't even explore my phone. :oops:
The only thing I can access are 'my files'. They seem to be on the SD-card. No system/lib there.
I need to download a file explorer first? Downloading goes through a Google-account?

Thanks for your patience.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:41 pm

I don't know "my files" so I suggest you download OI File Manager from Android Market.

When you start it it also points to the SD card. You first touch the button with the house symbol, then "system" and "lib" from the list, then scroll down far and see if you can find "libsec-ril.so". "Long touch" that file and choose send, then your favourite e-mail, enter my mail address, send and you are done! If you don't have a flat rate send it when connected to your WLAN, the file has about 400kB.

For rooting instructions enter your phone model and "root" in Google and use those instructions that seem easiest for you. If you have Android version bigger than 2.2 check if the instructions work for your version. As far as I remember I used "SuperOneClick" to root my Galaxy S.

rplpires

Post by rplpires » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace device and would like to you this app to connect to an Opel Astra J. Despite being mentioned that the phone is not supported I tested the trial. Contact list synchronization seems ok but I am not able to do any calls.

Can you implement the support for this device? I would gladly help you testing a beta and provide any necessary information such as logs, debugging info,...

Regards,
Ricardo

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Sorry. No time for that. I'm so far behind with all my planned features...

Return to “Feature Requests”