It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:44 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Fix for QMI_ERR_ACCESS_DENIED

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of Audi

Fix for QMI_ERR_ACCESS_DENIED

Post by bubak_here » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi all,

firstly please excuse me if i'll ask noob question but am not very familiar with rooting etc.

I've got nexus 5 (old version) with android marshmallow, no root,no modification. I've also got audi a6 c7 to which i can connect with my phone, but only as a handsfree, no car phone connectivity. What I am really after is tethering my phone data connection with the car so that I can access Google maps.

Do I understand it rightly that there is a way around to get it working? What would be the exact steps to make it work with my nexus 5 ??

Many thanks in advance guys.

Re: Fix for QMI_ERR_ACCESS_DENIED

Post by admin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:31 pm

It depends on your phone option.

If you have the built-in GSM device (called Audi car phone, Audi connect, Bluetooth High or whatever Audi marketing came up with) then rSAP can help you. The in car phone creates the Internet connection for the nav system using the SIM card of your mobile phone.

If you don't have the built-in GSM device, the Internet connection may be created using the phone's data connection. I don't know if and how this works. VW can use a phone's WiFi access point, Mercedes uses the Bluetooth DUN profile, no idea what Audi supports.

Post by bubak_here » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Hi and thank you for your answer. I forgot to mention that i have this feature in a car. It's just that when I pair the phone with the car, i can only do it as hands free because i've got nexus 5 with marshmallow which doesn't support rsap.

If there is a workaround or if your application can sort it out, it would really sort my great malarkey if i can make it work.

Could you please give me some hints on how to make it work please?

Post by magna413 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:35 am

1) why do you have such old android
2) you will need root
3) after root you can install rsap

Post by admin » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:29 am

magna413 wrote:1) why do you have such old android

I don't know what magna413 means by that, but 2+3 is correct. Look for "Nexus 5 Root Toolkit". This is the easiest way to root your phone.

Post by magna413 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:38 am

I got confused. :)

Yes android is up to date. :)

Post by bubak_here » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:00 am

Alright guys, so basically i will root my phone and install android marshmallow again. Then i install the application? Could you please direct me onto the above mentiod toolkit please?

Post by admin » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:43 am

Search Google for "Nexus 5 toolkit", download, install and run it on your PC. Follow the instructions of the toolkit to root your phone.

After root, download and run rSAP installer app from Play Store, install system files and allow rSAP access. Finally download the rSAP app itself (trial or full version) from Play Store.

Return to Audi