No Sync Phonebook with A6 2g

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of Audi
knausnice

No Sync Phonebook with A6 2g

Post by knausnice » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:41 pm

Hello,
i have install your app (trial) it works fine with my A6 but the Phonebook will Not sync.
I have allready change the Bluetooth.apk from the desire Thread.
But it dosen't work.
Can you help me?
My device is a HTC desire.
If I use the Handsfree Profil the Phonebook will sync.

Best regards
Knausnice

admin
Site Admin

Re: No Sync Phonebook with A6 2g

Post by admin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:35 am

Do you have a HTC/Sense ROM or a AOSP ROM like CyanogenMod? If you have a HTC ROM the modified Bluetooth.apk won't change anything.

Please create a log with aLogcat of a phonebook sync attempt and send it to me by email. Perhaps I can find something.

knausnice

Post by knausnice » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:01 am

If send the Email with the log.
For your information, at first time I connect, there is no question with the phonebook.
It will disconnect. Then I switch off the car and switch on again. RSAP will connect fine and work.
Then the phonebook will not sync.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:51 pm

I did not find any hint about a phonebook access in the log. With the HTC ROM you cannot change anything in the behaviour. Check the topics under viewforum.php?f=33, perhaps you can modify your data to fix the problem.

The second option is to switch to an AOSP ROM like CyanogenMod. If you do a NAND backup with a custom recovery it is easy to tryout and restore your current ROM later.

knausnice

Post by knausnice » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:26 am

OK. I will Test another ROM. Its no Problem. Can you advise a ROM you have tested.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:27 am

I recommend CyanogenMod. It's the most common AOSP (Android Open Source Project) based ROM.

craigyb

Post by craigyb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:28 pm

From my experience the Audi 2G phone prep high does not transfer phonebook (only SIM) from any phone even if the phone supports rSAP out of the box. my SII with rSAP does not transfer the phonbook in rSAP mode, but works fine on an MMI 3G or 3G+ car.

knausnice

Post by knausnice » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Hello,so after some time has passed now, I am once again test.My device, the Desire with CyanogenMod-10.0.0-Vijendra S-Off.
Car: Audi A6 MMI 2G.
My results:
The device connected to the handsfree profile. Works without problems. After the connection is made, the query is whether the MMI can access the phonebook.
Second try with the new Bluethoot.apk. (The Setup Methode 1) Also works (MMI voher set in Settings) with the difference that no longer the query because the phone book comes. But contacts are transferred without problems.
Third attempt with rSAP. Here are my steps:
I install the rsap install app and run them out as described in the instructions. Successfully.I install the rSAP trail. MMI reset to factory settings. Connection is established. RSAP works. Unfortunately, the contacts are not transferred. Only the SIM contacts come into MMI.
Fourth attempt with Bluetooth Phone Book app:(MMI set default) to install in addition the app and re-connect myself with the MMI Unfortunately, no success. Only the SIM contacts get to the MMI. The rest is blank. To control all the processes running. Calling the app shows that only IrMC is connected. PBAP is not connected.
Someone an idea? I know, unfortunately stuck.

Thank you in advance.
knausnice.

Update: I have a sensation for test. Anyone test it??

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 am

I only know the Audi SAP adapter, I don't know how similar it is with the built-in device. Perhaps it helps if you redo the Bluetooth pairing from scratch and this time don't allow phonebook access. With the SAP adapter phonebook transfer via Handsfree sometimes gets stuck so you never see the contacts already transferred via IrMC.

knausnice

Post by knausnice » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:51 am

Hi,
thanks for your answer. I will test it by your way.
Another test was, i connect it by handsfree and then I install rsap files restart the Device and connect with mmi. Only handsfree come. But If I delete the Device from mmi list and connect again with rsap, Rsap and phonebook are Ok.
If I make a change in the phonebook on the device, there is no transfer again.
Serious.

Greets knausnice

Return to “Audi”