Does not work

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of Audi
Oisa

Does not work

Post by Oisa » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:26 pm

at least not with my Audi. I only get "hands free", "audio" and "address book" profiles. Maybe when S-OFF is possible for the Sensation XL...

admin
Site Admin

Re: Does not work

Post by admin » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:48 am

What year is your Audi? Do you use a AOSP based ROM or a rooted HTC stock ROM? It is probably affected by the SDP record problem.

The car phone should recognize every phone when running the rSAP app, even incompatible ones. If not there is something wrong with Bluetooth or the car does not like the SDP record. The latter should only happen on non-AOSP ROMs.

Oisa

Post by Oisa » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:03 am

My Audi is the 2012 A4. I tried it with my old HD2 (Cyanogen Mod ROM) and the rSAP app and that worked flawlessly - the car does recognize the phone and connects via sim access profile. So nothing wrong with the car.

My Sensation XL on the other hand (rooted stock rom and "Ice Cold Zombie" ROM [ICS, Sense 3.6]) only offers the hands free profile. But it does this even without the rSAP app. Of course the car does recognize this profile and connects to it.
If I remember correctly, the app states SDP record not fixed and sim status: normal phone operation (something like this, my phone speaks german).

I just enabled logging in the rSAP app - if you like to I can send you the logs.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:21 pm

So it seems your car is affected by the SDP problem. It is not possible to connect a HTC based ROM. I'll link the topic to the Audi forum.

Return to “Audi”