MMI Bluetooth Audi A5 2013 missing some phonnumbers

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of Audi
Werniwoods

MMI Bluetooth Audi A5 2013 missing some phonnumbers

Post by Werniwoods » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:16 pm

I am using a HTC Sensation with Clockworkmod. As I connected my HTC via Bluetooth with MMI auf Audi A5 2013 I thougth everthing works perfect, handsfree works. Then I saw, that I did not have all my contacts in the phoneadressbook. In the Adressbook I can start with the NAME-Button in my Audi A5 I saw all names are there. There where multible entries for one contact with email-adresses, phonenummbers and adress but some entries are empty and this are the contacts I am missing in the phoneadressbook.

So I installed rSAP successfully. When I Switch on Bluetooth on my HTC rSAP is started but it Shows

Bluetooth Status
nicht verbunden (not connected)

SIM Status
Normale Telefonfunktion (normal Phone function)

check mark rSAP aktiv

Handsfree and phonebook works in the same way as bevor.

Do you have some hints for me?

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: MMI Bluetooth Audi A5 2013 missing some phonnumbers

Post by admin » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:57 am

Audis only support rSAP if you have the "Audi connect" option. I'm also puzzled why you didn't try the phonebook app when you have phonebook problems. ;)

rSAP never (well at least 99.99%) helps with phonebook problems.

Werniwoods

Post by Werniwoods » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Waht is Audi connect option? Some contacts are loaded but a lot of phonenumbers are not in the adressbook in my Audi. Why heltps the phonebook App?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Maybe it's called "Bluetooth high". You have a SIM card slot in the dashboard if you have this option.

Many Android versions have bugs in their Bluetooth phonebook implementation. My app fixes some of them.

Werniwoods

Post by Werniwoods » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:36 am

I am sorry, I dont have the MMI Plus with SIM-Slot but I dont under stand why rSAP shows

Bluetooth Status
nicht verbunden (not connected)

SIM Status
Normale Telefonfunktion (normal Phone function)

check mark rSAP aktiv

Bluetooth is connectet an transfers the contacts to MMI but some nameentries are empty.

??

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:35 pm

rSAP does no phonebook transfer (except maybe SIM contacts). It is a profile that is used when you have a complete phone device built into your car that wants to use the mobile's SIM. In current Audis this option is called "Audi connect" or "Bluetooth high". Your car does not have such a phone, so rSAP is useless for you.

You rather have problems with the Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP). Think of this as a different language, which can "speak" phonebook contacts. My phonebook app "understands" PBAP ;)

Return to “Audi”