rSAP for Opel Insignia

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of Opel
Steve_1956

rSAP for Opel Insignia

Post by Steve_1956 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Can anyone tell me if the iphone 4s will pair on rsap on the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia

admin
Site Admin

Re: rSAP for Opel Insignia

Post by admin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:24 am

See here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=524

"Handsfree" should work.

FiliBilli

Post by FiliBilli » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi,

I recently got an Insignia with the rSAP module in the DVD9000.
Telephone is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i9250, google) rooted and rSAP for Android installed.

So far, so good.

A quick test showed my phone book and allowed me to call etc.

The first longer phone call (>10 mins.), however, resulted in the connection going dead and me having to wait for everything to come back up again. This happened 4 times within a 45 minute journey - totally unacceptable.

As the Opel dealer over here in Essen has had loads of problems getting the phone to work properly at all, I'd like to ask if anyone else has experience with this combination. The dealer tells me that this is a common problem with Android based phones which seems to be backed up by the Opel compatibility list here:

http://www.opel.de/content/dam/Opel/Eur ... /UWA-2.pdf

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Phil

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Forget car maker's compatibility lists. They are usually a collection of museum grade phones :roll:
The Opel list is at least quite long and also contains newer phones but contains strange information, like if the car can show "Network name/Field strength" in rSAP mode... Hey, the phone is built into the car, isn't it?

Are you sure you have an rSAP connection? Please check the app's status screen if it shows the car's Bluetooth name under "Bluetooth Status" when connected. If yes, please start "main" and "HCI" logs before entering the car and try to remember roughly the time when the connection dropps. After the journey stop the logs and mail them to me.

FiliBilli

Post by FiliBilli » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:55 am

Hi,

thanks for the reply!

I was getting full rSAP functionality and was able to call people - the connection just broke after around 5-10 minutes.
The Opel dealer yesterday finally agreed to take a look at my car and I have a Zafira on loan with the same (?) DVD9000 built into it.

- The rSAP now works great for calls and I spent 45 minutes yesterday listening repeatedly to my old voice mails without a hitch :|
- funilly enough, in my Insignia, I could read the telephone book etc. but the unit in the Zafira doesn't work in this respect; probably older firmware or so.

Is there anything I can do to help you by extending your compatibility list? I can do things both for the ZAfira and the Insignia (when I get it back) should this be of any help. Both have the DVD9000 installed.

Cheers

Phil

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm very interested in HCI logs to fully understand which services of the phone are used/supported by the car, and I don't have any of an Opel!

Check if you did install "hcidump" in the rSAP installer, then check "main" and "HCI" dump in the rSAP app's setting, go back to main screen and then connect to car. Let it run for a while (>5 minutes), if possible force phonebook sync, then stop the logs. If you like you can do this with both cars, but I guess (hope?) it should give the same result.

Thanks!

FiliBilli

Post by FiliBilli » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:59 pm

I'll do it for both cars as they react differently (the Zafira I have on loan doesn't show the phone book / call logs).

I had installed HCIDump so that should work.

How do I force a phone book sync? I can't find that anywhere...

Cheers

Phil

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Maybe there is an option somewhere in the car? I'm just guessing because with my VW I can force a phonebook transfer.

tomaten

Post by tomaten » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:00 pm

There is no need to enable phone book support in Insignia. It takes more time (2-3 Minutes) to synchronize in rSAP mode instead of handsfree profile (5-10 seconds).

Return to “Opel”