It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:35 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

[What to buy?] Dual Sim, Android 6 or 7, Mercedes SAP V2

Discussions about rSAP, about this board and whatever is related.

[What to buy?] Dual Sim, Android 6 or 7, Mercedes SAP V2

Post by blueice_haller » Tue May 30, 2017 8:58 am

Hello,
I'm searching for a new/used Dual Sim Smartphone with Android 6 or 7 for Mercedes SAP V2.

What I read in this Forums is that Samsung Duos have problems with SIM 2.

I have enabled call forwarding to SIM 1 and would need SIM 2 only for Internet. Is this possible?

It would be nice if the battery is replaceable.

Until now I have a Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 but the space for apps is full.

In a second Car I have a Pioneer AVIC-F88DAB with HFP/AVRCP/A2DP.

Thank you in advance.

Re: [What to buy?] Dual Sim, Android 6 or 7, Mercedes SAP V2

Post by admin » Wed May 31, 2017 4:54 pm

From my point of view the only dual SIM phones which work with rSAP are the many MediaTek phones.

MediaTeks with Android 7 all (?) seem to support rSAP with the stock firmware, the only small restriction is that you cannot choose which SIM card rSAP should use - it's always the first one. My app currently does not work with Android 7 MediaTeks!

MediaTeks before Android 7 are supported by my app or may even support rSAP with the stock firmware, although I didn't see many. In my app you can choose the SIM card for rSAP.

Samsung Duos and other dual SIM Qualcomm phones basically work with my app, but they usually lose connection to one or all SIM cards. Some can be restored with the Reconnect Plugin from this forum, but others may require a reboot each time after leaving the car :cry:

Re: [What to buy?] Dual Sim, Android 6 or 7, Mercedes SAP V2

Post by Wisi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Z5 Dual Sim RSAP is working with first Sim card. As soon as Bluetooth is disconnected the card goes straigt back online. So primary no problem. But you need unlocked bootloader for root. No baseband manipulation necessary at the moment.

edit additional information: second sim card stays online while using rsap. But no HFP with the second sim card of course. So the mobile phone is ringing while a call is in on the second sim.

Return to rSAP General