It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:55 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Start rSAP background service with tasker?

Discussions about rSAP, about this board and whatever is related.

Start rSAP background service with tasker?

Post by Peppito » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:20 pm

Is it possible to trigger this service to start as it normally does once you open the app? Sometimes this service gets killed or disappears and it would be nice to start it on BT connection event. I've tried to manually run a shell script: am startservice com.android_rsap.rsap and also other commands through "Send Intent" but nothing worked. I was trying to run similar things as I found in catlog. It has to be launched in background - launching app is not what I want. Thanks.

Re: Start rSAP background service with tasker?

Post by admin » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:22 am

Simply check the "keep active" option. If you are annoyed by the additional notification icon you may try to switch off notifications for the rSAP app. Although I did not check if "keep active" still does it's magic when you switch off all notifications for an app.

Starting a Bluetooth service after Bluetooth gets connected it is very likely too late.

Post by Peppito » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Yeah, i have it checked and also removed the notification via xposed module "notify clean". Unfortunately it doesn't stay active all the time and therefore I wanted to launch it before connecting. The time variable is fine since my VW somehow initiates the rSAP connection after it connects so it's working.

Post by admin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:52 am

You can simply disable notifications in Android app settings, but an Exposed module is more sexy, of course ;)

My app registers the rSA profile after it is started. The first thing the car does, is to query the profile list. So when my app is not immediately started, the car will not know that the phone supports rSAP. So I guess it's not very reliable.

A service with an active notification must not be stopped by Android, so I guess there is something else going wrong. Maybe the Exposed module not only removes the icon but also removes the notification itself?

Return to rSAP General