Recommended ROM?

Discussions about rSAP, about this board and whatever is related.
Hansaplastique

Recommended ROM?

Post by Hansaplastique » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:51 pm

On the installation page it's suggested to use a custom ROM (ie. Cyanogen) for phones that do not support rsap in their radio lib (?).

I have a HTC MyTouch 4G (= HTV Glacier) running Froyo and was wondering;

a) is this phone compatible? I tried it last night and it gives me "socket error".

b) if not; what ROM do you recommend or is known to work? (and: is a custom ROM enough?)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Recommended ROM?

Post by admin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:20 pm

I frankly don't know if it is compatible but I guess it is. When you have a socket error you probably did not install the system files correctly.

In my personal opinion the CyanogenMod ROM is the best. A big advantage is that for most modules source code is available so it is possible to fix bugs e.g. in phonebook transfer.

Hansaplastique

Post by Hansaplastique » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but the rsap profile does not appear on my car (2011 Touareg).
I used the installation app and the rsap app (v1.0 trial) from the market place, but when clicking "Make Discoverable", the only thing that happens is a message popping up that Bluetooth will be discoverable for 300sec.
My car does see the phone but only offers audio or handsfree profile ...!?
Any suggestions?

The ROM I'm using: CyanogenMod 7.1.0 glacier.

Attached, a screenshot of the /system/lib/libhtc files.
Attachments
shot_000002.png
files in /system/lib
shot_000002.png (98 KiB) Viewed 2283 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:55 pm

That's strange, because the profile is active even when there is no access to the SIM card possible. Did you check if the trial version probably timed out? Then force close it in the settings menu and start it again, or reboot your phone and start it. Are you sure you have the "Premium" car kit?

Hansaplastique

Post by Hansaplastique » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:42 am

Yes, I have a premium car kit.
So what would be the proper steps to get connected?

Blutooth off, start trial version, click make discoverable ...?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:25 am

1. To make sure the trial is not running reboot your phone and switch on Bluetooth
2. Go to car, start trial, set Bluetooth visible and search for new phones from car
3. The car should list your phone and ask you to enter a 16-digit pin code. You should get a notification symbol on the phone.

Now phone and car are paired. You will be asked to enter the SIM pin if you have one, and after some initialization you should be able to make phone calls.

If you then have problems syncing the phonebook that's a completely different story...

If you had the phone paired with "Handsfree" profile before, perhaps it might help to delete the phone/user in the car or even do a factory reset in the phone menu

der-brumm-baer

Post by der-brumm-baer » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:48 am

@Hansaplastique

at the moment i use rooted stock rom on my Desire S
I also wanted to use "CyanogenMod-7.1" on it.
I also have the Premium Car Kit in my 2010 Passat and it ist working with this stock rom and rsap

Did you get your mobile paired with your Car and Cynagon Mod 7.1 ?

Greets
Der-Brumm-Baer

Return to “rSAP General”