It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:19 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Galaxy SIII i9300

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of Nokia 610/616

Galaxy SIII i9300

Post by alexzarach » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 pm

We have a Nokia 616 car kit, just fitted, and a Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300.

The devices see each other, they pair, but on pairing the 616 restarts and says insert SIM card.

If I instead turn the SIII's bluetooth visibility on (rather than using pairing any device can see it) they see each other but contact download fails to the car kit.

I bought rSAP (phone's rooted, all system files installed) and that says rSAP isn't connected (or something like that) at all times. Most recently when I'm on rSAP mode on the car kit and select the SIM card the screen on the car kit just says "please wait" and gets stuck there.

I've read the phone and car kit will work together, but how?

I also bought the rSAP phonebook app

Thanks for your help

Re: Galaxy SIII i9300

Post by admin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:03 pm

I don't exactly understand the two things you tried, so I explain how it should be: You set the phone to Bluetooth visible and then start the search from the 616. After selecting the phone in the list of discovered devices on the 616, you have to enter the 16 digit Bluetooth PIN in the phone and pairing is done. After that the phone connects automatically each time you power on the 616. Did you do it this way? Did you already try a factory reset of the 616?

Usually the connection between a Galaxy S III and a Nokia 616 should work without problems, even without my rSAP app. Without my phonebook app you only have the SIM contacts on the 616.

Post by alexzarach » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:29 pm

You set the phone to Bluetooth visible and then start the search from the 616. After selecting the phone in the list of discovered devices on the 616, you have to enter the 16 digit Bluetooth PIN in the phone and pairing is done.

Thanks for your quick answer, here's where the problem is! The 616 does not show me a 16 digit pin (the instruction manual also tells me it should) so I can't enter it on the Samsung. Instead it either turns off and on and says "insert SIM card", or says "Download not supported". If it says "download not supported" it still looks like it will work but the contacts aren't received from the Samsung.

I tried a factory reset, didn't help!

Post by admin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:52 am

It must be a problem with your 616. I ran my 616 with all kinds of phones, it always asked for the 16 digit Bluetooth PIN. The only other possibility is that the phone's Bluetooth is broken. With a Galaxy S III you can't do anything wrong, either with or without my app.

As far as I understand you just got your 616 as a new device? I'd ask for a replacement.

Return to Nokia 610/616