pairing automatically

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of Nokia 610/616
nokia 610

pairing automatically

Post by nokia 610 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi there, verry pleased with the rsap app on my htc desire hd combined with the nokia 610! Its working perfect and all my contacs are on the nokia sim. One tiny problem, its not possible to pair automaticaly when bluetooth is on and I start my car. Every time I have to let the nokia search for new devices, then it finds (again) my phone and only then I can pair them (again). With my previous htc touch diamond ( yes, its a windows mobile) I only had to turn on bluetooth and thats it. Any suggestions????

admin
Site Admin

Re: pairing automatically

Post by admin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi

that's strange. My Nokia 616 saves the pairing and I did not do anything special. I even power it off completely because it's lying on my desk for testing and not built into a car. Did you have the HTC Touch Diamond connected to the 610 with the same SIM card? Perhaps it helps if you reset the 610 to factory settings and try again.

Newty

Post by Newty » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:56 pm

I am also having a similar issue, but I am using an i9000 with CM7.1, connecting to an Nokia610.

When just powering on the handsfree, it immediately states "No Device found". The only whay to connect is:
  • Making phone discoverable(either directly in rsap or in the built-in wireless menu
  • Doing a search for devices on Nokia 610 - autoconnect or simply reconnecting doesn't work
  • Android device then is refound.
  • Connecting after that procedure works, but asks for the SIM-PIN everytime and asks download phonebook(which is succesfull, has no entries, but I have to check if there are some contacts on the SIM - I usually delete them all)
Is there any way to obtain a (very low level, obviously) logfile of the BT-Stack to analyze the inital connect sequence?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:22 am

The HCI log is the lowest level Bluetooth log and it works with CyanogenMod. It is just not easy to understand - at least for me :roll:

I also had several strange things happen on my 616. Once I had the problem that no matter how fast I entered the Bluetooth pin the connection aborted. When that happened I was doing tests with the same phone but different ROMs. This problem disappeared without doing something. Currently the kit always asks for the SIM pin although I always tell it to save it. I remember that this worked once. The transfer of non-SIM phone book does not work and I could not yet find out why. And I'm quite sure I had it working once, too.

Did you try a reset to factory settings on the Nokia? Perhaps it helps to disconnect it from power completely for some time? Most (all?) of the settings survive a complete power down, but probably it fixes problems in the running system.

Newty

Post by Newty » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:53 am

I have already done the reset with SIM directly placed into the 610, but strangely this only deleted the Phonebook and made a reset of all UI-Settings, but kept the whole Bluetooth related settings. I will have to use a different method than the usual reset to really go back to start. Anyways, I will perform an HCI-Log from the failing connects and a successful connect and/or pairing.

I also have expierenced the way too short BT-PIN-Dialogue with some other devices connecting to the 610, so I don't think this is related to the stack.

tanabay

Post by tanabay » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi,

I search how to import contacts in my Samsung i9000 in the nokia 610.

When i tred to import, in the nokia 610, he said "No Contacts found"

Thanks a lot

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:07 pm

For me only contacts from "SIM memory" are working with my Nokia 616. If you don't have any entries on your SIM card you may get this message.

When I choose "phone memory" only I get an error message. I could not yet find out what the Nokia 616 tries to load when you choose "phone memory". Probably SyncML?

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Same here. I do have the log files for you if you wish?

Auto-connect to the car-kit works.

Specs:
Nokia 610 car-kit
HTC HD2 with Typhoon v3.5.6-cLK
Android 2.3.5 (Tytung R10 kernel - cLK bootloader)

Works perfect with VW Premium car-kit!

Return to “Nokia 610/616”