It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:58 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

BMW SAP WLAN HOTSPOT Snap-In

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the BMW SAP snap-in adapter

BMW SAP WLAN HOTSPOT Snap-In

Post by comand » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:57 am

Hi,
I have bought the WLAN HOT SPOT Snap-In for my actual 525d which seems to have the same feetures as the SAP Snap-In but brings a WLAN HOTSPOT with it.
Anyhow I am only interested in rSAP for telephone function with my Samsung Galaxy S2. The Samsung Galaxy S2 has already implemented rSAP but as it seems to work with Audi and VW it doesn´t with BMW (but the HOT SPOT works alright with the Nokia X6).
With the Galaxy S2 it connects via rSAP but shortly after this confirmation in the S2 the HOT SPOT disconnects :cry:
Once having a Samsung App ready may be it works for S2 and BMW as well?
Thanks, Reinhart

Re: BMW SAP WLAN HOTSPOT Snap-In

Post by admin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi Reinhart,

I guess when it does not work with the standard Samsung rSAP it will most probably not run with my app, too. And you would have to install a non-Samsung ROM to try out because I don't know how to disable the built in Samsung rSAP implementation.

But you can do me a favor by logging the connection attempt with the aLogcat app and send it to me by e-mail. Perhaps I can find out why it does not connect?

Post by comand » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi,
well I could try to doe so but you have to tell me step by step what to do because I am not familiar with android at all ...

Post by admin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks!

Please download "aLogcat" from Android market, then try to connect to the car kit, wait until it fails and immediately start "aLogcat". From the menu choose "Share", then your mail app and send the log to admin [at] android-rsap [dot] com.

Return to BMW SAP Snap-In