It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:04 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Test with SAP SnapIn Adapter

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the BMW SAP snap-in adapter

Test with SAP SnapIn Adapter

Post by admin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi all,

yesterday I did a short test with a SAP SnapIn Adapter (also called GSM SIA) in a series 3 BMW. The SnapIn also had an additional handset. The phone was my Nexus S with stock Android 2.3.4 and rSAP 1.1. The results:

- pairing and connection worked.
- made a phone call and received an SMS
- SnapIn asked for access to PBAP but only SIM contacts were shown

I'm quite confident that it will work the same with HTC phones. I can do a test with a HTC Sense based ROM if someone wants to know.

Re: Test with SAP SnapIn Adapter

Post by sl91 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Hello,

How can you know that the phone was really using the car builtin antenna ?

Best regards

PS: I have a new BMW one (F20 125i) and a Samsung Galaxy note. I really want to have the (r)SAP function. I will probably buy the BMW hotspot snapin accessory (very expensive !!)

Post by admin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:41 am

Easy: if you can make phone calls although the phone shows no receiption ;)

If you are patient you can get a GSM SIA on eBay. There are not many offered but demand is also not very high. The newer WLAN capable SIA seems to have more problems connecting with an Android phone than the older one. But I could not yet further investigate why and if it is possible to fix.

Post by sl91 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Thank's for the response. For the BMW SIA adapter, there was one proposed on ebay last week that fits in my car but I did not succed to buy it. Oher people were faster than me. The offer is at a very low level. The result is high bids. It was sold almost 260 US$. This is close to BMW price.

I have a technical question. I have the BMW 6NL bluetooth system. This is the most expensive and complete one possible for the F20 (new 1 series). If I buy the SIA hotspot and connect my Galaxy note to it, will I still get my contacts, SMS on the car control display and the ability to control the incoming calls through the steering wheel ?

sl91

Post by admin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Sometimes they are sold for less than 100€, but you must be patient. I got mine for 90€ but sold it again.

Sadly I lost all the logs I made and don't remember how the phonebook transfer was working. Expect problems... Maybe only SIM contacts are transferred. SMS worked and the rest like steering wheel operation should also work.

Return to BMW SAP Snap-In