It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:04 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Test for 64 bit Qualcomm

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the BMW SAP snap-in adapter

Re: Test for 64 bit Qualcomm

Post by admin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:11 am

Can't you re-enable rSAP with QPST? Strange that the change doesn't survive a wipe. It should be stored in the EFS partition which is usually not touched during factory reset. Or did you mean a simple phone reboot?

Post by Wisi » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:04 pm

I can do it. But others don't. So that was the question if you could make it easer and overwrite the existing file anyway or if it is just impossible to write into the EFS store.

I meant a wipe, because I tested to get RSAP working and after that I cleaned the phone to really use it.

edit: I have another nasty problem. Sometimes the Bluetooth Phonebook doesn't work. RSAP connection is working but only the SIM contacts are transferred. The RSAP app shows a connection but the phonebook app doesn't. Seems that it doesn't "get" the connection to the Service.

Solution: disconnect phone, switch off Bluetooth, restart Bluetooth and then reconnect to the Phone via RSAP. Now the transfer works like a charm. Don't know why.

Interesting is that a HFP connection in this situation works without problems and also contacts are transferred in this mode. If I switch back to RSAP same problem. Only solution like described above helps.

Post by Wisi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:21 am

Anybody out there? What do you need to analyze? I only want to help to improve the product and to solve the problems. But therefore I/we need you as the developer...

Post by admin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:54 pm

It's on my list... of many items...

Post by Wisi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi, is there anything I can log for you until you can analyze it so that the information you need is already existent until you have the necessary time? Phonebook is really annoying me. RSAP itself is working like expected every time...

Post by admin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:55 am

The check of the EFS file content is simply a question of time.

The phonebook issue is strange. The car queries the same phonebook with PBAP, why should the results be different? The only difference is that with rSAP the car can additionally query the SIM phonebook. Maybe that causes trouble? You should be able to switch off the SIM phonebook transfer in the car.

Post by Wisi » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:13 pm

No, Sim contacts are always transferred (no switch in newest Audi MMI), and they are transferred first. So I can manually resync, then my sim contacts are synchronized and after that the process the car is waiting for something from the phone but there is no answer.

Another function also isn't working that way: normally you can see incoming (e)mails on the MMI. That works on my Z3c (but with Android 5, not tested with 6) with message and content most of the times, but never with content on my Z5c. There is only the information that there is a new message but I can't see any content. Incoming SMS are fully working both times.

Have sometimes phonebook transfer problems in the Premium FSE at VW while first connection, too. But this problem can simply be solved by a manual transfer, then there it is always working.

So my primary problem consists in RSAP with Audi MMI.
Maybe interesting: Audi uses PBAP and VW uses IrMC.

What can I do for solving the problem?

edit: should I try the Audi Fix plugin if that helps (because I don't know what you've changed there I don't know if it could help us here)?

Post by admin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:32 am

This is weird... Who on earth still uses SIM contacts? Even the rSAP spec says that you shouldn't query SIM contacts via rSAP.

Maybe your SIM card uses a strange way of storing the contacts. You may try to delete all SIM contacts (don't ask me how) or install the SIM phonebook plugin (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... bookplugin). This replaces the real SIM phonebook with an emulation.

I don't know how the SIM card can possibly influence email receiption. Either you have Internet or you don't. Maybe it is simply much slower for whatever reason?

I don't think the Audi plugin will fix your problem but you may try. You can't break anything.

Did you try what happens when you directly plug the same SIM card into the car?

rSAP is not very common in Audis and so far I have the impression that it is not working as well as with the VW Premium, which is by far the best rSAP box available. But I thought the recent headunits have the same base (MIB), so there shouldn't be a difference...?

Post by Wisi » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Plugin sounds good. But only 254 contacts?
Using it parallel with bluetooth phonebook from you or only?
What happens if I don't use any of both? No contacts synchronized?

Questions over questions...

Post by admin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:34 am

The plugin uses the phone contacts as SIM contacts. With the plugin you have them twice: as SIM contacts and as phone contacts. This may fix any issues (you said it hangs) which the real SIM contacts may cause. To add to the confusion: the car may also query SIM contacts over PBAP. My app ignores these requests, but the PBAP implementation of the stock ROM may not...

Any Android phone supports Bluetooth phonebook transfer without my app (except IrMC), only many phones have bugs which my app often fixes. So the first step should always be to try the connection to the car without any additional app or plugin. If this doesn't work, then try my app. If this still doesn't help I'm clueless.

PreviousNext

Return to BMW SAP Snap-In