It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:06 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Test for 64 bit Qualcomm

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the BMW SAP snap-in adapter

Re: Test for 64 bit Qualcomm

Post by Wisi » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:09 pm

Will make some tests in the different constellations to clarify what works and what not.

Post by rSAPper » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:41 pm

For clarification about the phonebook transfer with rSAP from Sony Z3compact to Audi MMI+ :

With rSAP the Z3compact (Android 5.1.1) transfers its internal phonebook to Audi's MMI+?
There are NO SIMcard contacts in phone, SIMcard is empty, all contacts are stored in intenal phonebook app...

Post by Wisi » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Yes, it works. But I am now on a z5c.

Post by Wisi » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:51 pm

Tested now for some time: On Z5C no RSAP Phonebook App is needed. Without the transfer works every time without problem.
But on Audi MMI Units the Message Email function still is not working. Now I see Email folders but no content. Message SIM (SMS) function is working.

Next device to test with: Have bought a Z5 Dual and rooted it. Installed RSAP on it.

old: Now I get at first try: "Parameter 'ResultCode' hat nicht den Wert 'OK'", when pressing Retry I get "Zeitüberschreitung beim Warten auf GET_VERSION"
Which version is meant? What can I try next? First solve baseband problem like on Z5C? Had no Sim Card inserted.
Now with SimCard I get "Parameter 'StatusChange' hat nicht den Wert 'CardReset' qmi_error=0x0034

edit: with "Generisch Mk.II it works", with "Generisch Mk.III" it shows the qmi error above. Funny thing is: no baseband editing with QPST is necessary like on Z5C?

Next question: which version of system files should be installed? What is the difference between the two generic profiles?

edit2: despite the question above I can confirm RSAP works with Z5 Dual! Short test in Audi successful

Post by admin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:12 am

Some comments to your post:

When you don't have a SIM card inserted, you get the "ResultCode not OK" error. In most system files I'm not sure how to reliably detect that the error is caused by a missing SIM card and not by some other problem, so you get the general error message. I'm not happy with that because it hits me so often when I want to make tests with one of my several phones. Maybe I'll try to fix that some day...

The 3 different Qualcomm versions are not easy to explain. They are basically caused by different interfaces in the Qualcomm software (II and III) and by the fact that the initialisation of the Qualcomm library done by the RIL demon sometimes does not allow SIM access (I and II). Even on my small set of phones I had examples where only one of the variants worked, while on others more than one variant succeeded. Start with Mk.III and if this doesn't work continue with Mk.II and finally Mk.I. After all it doesn't (shouldn't) make a difference: SIM access is SIM access. Either it works or it doesn't. Don't expect additional features.

Not all Qualcomm phones are affected by the QMI_ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error. Phones with native rSAP support obviously don't have that problem (e.g. Nexus 5X), other phones have the problem with one firmware version, but don't have it with another (Nexus 6). Sadly still some phones have the problem without a possibility to fix it (e.g. OnePlus 2 and 3).

About the phonebook transfer: This is completely independet from rSAP (well, except the SIM contacts...), so it depends on the combination of phone and car. If the bugs in both sides sum up to cause problems, the phonebook app may help.

Post by Wisi » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:53 pm

Ok, then the conclusion is that the Xperia Z5 series should be used with MK II.

What I found very interesting is the last thing I posted. On my Z5 Compact I had to edit the file in the baseband to enable RSAP. On the Z5 Dual there is no need for this. Maybe Sony changed something in the newest firmware because there are also some fixes for bluetooth. Hope that my connection problems are reduced to a minimum. Though it is a problem of my connected devices, now I know that Sony had some problems...

Post by renek74 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:08 am

Hello have the release from Play Store and use Mk.III first connection to my VW Premium was ok. But reconnect doesen´t work. The phone will only connect as HFP phone. This was in the old versions too. Can you check whats wrong. I have to restart bluetooth on the phone for RSAP connection. Thanks....

Post by admin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:14 pm

Is it a dual SIM phone? You may try the Reconnect Plugin: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1115

Post by renek74 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:00 am

....yes Mi5 is a dual SIM phone. But reconnect plugin is also to reconnect to the network like vodafon. My problem is reconnect to the VW premium phone.
See picture https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6ZK0fGH2UQVExubWhaMmVweWc/view?usp=drivesdk

Post by Yverson » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Wisi wrote:Ok, then the conclusion is that the Xperia Z5 series should be used with MK II.

What I found very interesting is the last thing I posted. On my Z5 Compact I had to edit the file in the baseband to enable RSAP. On the Z5 Dual there is no need for this. Maybe Sony changed something in the newest firmware because there are also some fixes for bluetooth. Hope that my connection problems are reduced to a minimum. Though it is a problem of my connected devices, now I know that Sony had some problems...

Hi Wisi,
i have a z5c on .305 fw with root.
I want to connect the phone to my Audi A6 MMI but I get this error:
qmi_error = 0x0034
Parameter "StatusChance" hat nicht den Wert "CardReset"

What did you edit?
can you explain that to me or send me some files to help me get it working?

Thank you a lot in advance
Thomas

PreviousNext

Return to BMW SAP Snap-In