It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:11 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

BMW 6NL Bluetooth

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the BMW SAP snap-in adapter

BMW 6NL Bluetooth

Post by sl91 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:25 pm

I have bought a new BMW 125i. I have taken the most expensive bluetooth option possible on this car. Its name is 6NL or SA6NL. I am wondering why the hell the engineers have not included the rSAP ? Now I am obliged to buy a separate (and expensive) Snap in hotspot in order to use the embeded antenna.

Best regards

sl91

Re: BMW 6NL Bluetooth

Post by admin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Why they did not include rSAP? Because I fear rSAP is dying... Apple does not support it, so everybody drops it, even Nokia. I hope at least VW sticks with it! I still don't know how the car makers want to enable Internet in the car without an external antenna??

Try your luck at eBay. Sometimes BMW GSM SIAs are sold there.

Be careful with the new WLAN hotspot version. Another user had problems getting it to work and downgraded to the old box. Maybe he did something wrong, but make sure you can return it if it really does not work. If it does work, I'm very interested in logs, especially HCI logs of the pairing procedure 8-)

Post by sl91 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi,

My 6NL Bluetooth is updated time to time by BMW. Do you think that the lack of rSAP function is related to the software or is it a hardware issue ? In other words, is there any hope that a BMW update of the Bluetooth Equipment will add the rSAP capability :roll: ?

Best regards,

sl91

Post by admin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:44 pm

I don't know. The BMW "Assist" seems to have a full blown GSM device inside, so why not use that for telephony and get the SIM data via rSAP? But I don't think they'll ever do it. BMW does not seem to like rSAP very much...

Return to BMW SAP Snap-In