It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Problems with SAP V3 Module

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth SAP telephone module

Problems with SAP V3 Module

Post by dbb » Fri May 27, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi,

I have a Moto G3 and a 2007 S-class with the Sap V3 module.
I could pair the phone and the dongle following the instructions here:

http://www.mercupgrades.com/manuals/cra ... manual.pdf

The android rsap app reports that the phone is connected, but t does not work.
The car reports no phone signal and if I try to recall the recent calls it just hangs on a dialog saying that it is receiving data from the phone.

I'm attaching a log, even though it doesn't look like there's a lot of useful info there.
Attachments
log.zip
log
(868 Bytes) Downloaded 66 times

Re: Problems with SAP V3 Module

Post by admin » Sun May 29, 2016 4:22 pm

The log indeed doesn't contain much. Please create a HCI log (see http://www.android-rsap.com/41-support/ ... i-log.html) and mail it to me.

Post by dbb » Mon May 30, 2016 9:57 am

I sent the log via email.

Post by admin » Tue May 31, 2016 2:11 pm

I can't spot a problem in the logs. It is strange that the SAP module doesn't try to authenticate with the mobile network. Maybe there is some hardware issue (e.g. antenna)? Maybe the card cannot handle a GSM connection? Did you already try a different SIM card? Did you already try to put the SIM card directly into the SAP module?

BTW: from the manual your module looks more like a SAP V2

Post by dbb » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:15 pm

The SIM does seem to support GSM connection (or, at least, it works properly if I set the phone to only use 2G networks).
I don't think that the antenna has issues because it used to work up to a few days ago with a different phone.

UPDATE: I tried to put the SIM directly into the module and the result is the same.
It looks like the problem is not with bluetooth, but between the SIM and the module.

Sorry for the confusion on the module version. The one I have looks like the one in the manual I linked.

Post by admin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:40 pm

Maybe your provider supports only frequencies which the SAP module does not support? You may try a SAP V4 if you can get hold of one.

Return to Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth (SAP) telephone module