It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:11 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

SAP v4 & Samsung S8

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth SAP telephone module

SAP v4 & Samsung S8

Post by PunkJr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:30 am

Hello all, new to the forum from Australia. I have just updated my phone to the Samsung S8 so I have finally decided to put my SAP v4 in my car. After a bit of trial and error I have managed to connect my phone to the SAP, my phone asks me if I want to connect via RSAP, I say I Agree, and my COMAND will then display the contacts on my SIM. My phone tells me it is connected via rSAP, and displays some sort of modified bluetooth symbol at the top of the phone. The manual tells me to dial 0000 to get my contact list from my phone, however when I dial this number, or try to dial any number for that matter, I get a message on my COMAND that says: Not logged in, call not possible.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Do I need an additional app on my phone? I read somewhere where someone had this issue, however they resolved it by updating their SIM. My SIM works fine, and connected to 3G and 4G.

Re: SAP v4 & Samsung S8

Post by admin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:30 pm

This sounds like the SAP V4 cannot log into the network. Maybe it still tries to login with GSM and the SIM card only supports 3G and higher? If you can get hold of a proven older SIM card you can test that.

I don't know if the 0000 dial is still valid for the SAP V4 and newer Mercedes car. I remember this was some kind of workaround for older devices...?

Re: SAP v4 & Samsung S8

Post by PunkJr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:08 am

Yes I think you are right - I put my wife's SIM directly into the SAP and it fired up straight away. It seems as though my network has a frequency of 850mHz, and my wife's network is 900mHz. I can't see any way I can get the SAP to work with my phone. I will have to buy a prepaid SIM from a network that broadcasts at 900mHz and leave that SIM in the SAP.

Thank you for your help.

Return to Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth (SAP) telephone module