Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.3 and SAPv3 in Comand APS NTG2

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth SAP telephone module
Quentin

Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.3 and SAPv3 in Comand APS NTG2

Post by Quentin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi guys.

I've been silent till today as I had a perfectly working solution with Android 4.x - till I upgraded yesterday to CM10.2 nightly based on Android 4.3.

I did a fresh and clean install - and first crashed into ROOT mountain. After finding a fix and a SuperSU package to flash, everything was back running. I managed to install (like always) with rSAP installation tool, I rebooted and then tried to pair my phone again with my car.

But well... it does not pair anymore. I think there is more going on than just pairing, as without rSAP it fails immediately. But in this case, it starts pairing, I enter the PIN in my mobile phone and then it remains there forever...

Has anybody faced this behaviour so far? With 4.2.2 it worked like a charm. And I installed it a good hundred of times, so at least I am used to make it run usually.

I can provide logs this evening if wanted (I have to create them first ;)).

Best wishes,
Quentin

admin
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.3 and SAPv3 in Comand APS NTG2

Post by admin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm

This is most probably a problem of the bluetooth.default.so. Did you try to install the 4.2 version with the installer app? Maybe it works, at least until I manage to create a 4.3 version.

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:04 pm

I will try this today when I'm leaving work. I never replaced it before as it worked "out of the box" (just installing your application, not the modified lib).

Best regards,
Quentin

P.S.: I tried to create some logs with RSAP and HCI logger... they claim to create files in a folder called "rSAP" - I can't find the result anywhere... what I found was a folder ".rsap" and this contains old logs from March when I maybe tried some logging... interesting :)

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Update from my side: does not work - the "changed lib" for 4.2 makes Bluetooth force close all the time in 4.3...

EDIT: My Log (didn't find the HCI log, but the rsap main log - the rsap dir was not shown earlier in MTP mode)
Attachments
20130815_172237.200_main.rar
(1002 Bytes) Downloaded 185 times

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Oh, I found out HCI Logger writes into .rsap (which is hidden on Android's file browser), while rSAP main application logs into rSAP without the leading dot.

Now I think I have all required log... But I think HCI is sensitive data, so I will PM you a link to the archive instead of uploading it into your board soft.

Best regards,
Quentin

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:20 am

Update: today a new version of the installer was released with a new 4.3 library. Whenever I replace the original lib with the modified lib, BT sharing is constantly Force Closing. So I cannot use the modified lib.

I'm using the most current CM 10.2 nightly (22.08.) on the Galaxy Nexus.

Best regards,
Quentin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:44 am

I just checked the CyanogenMod 10.2 source code. Some nice guy added the full rSAP SDP record to the CyanogenMod sources! There is no need for my modified lib with CyanogenMod 10.2! Did you ever try without the lib?

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Sure I did. I started with the modified lib after you asked for it.

Small catch up: I reinstalled cleanly latest nightly and then I could apply your modified lib without the force closes (curious...). Nevertheless: with or without modified lib, the pairing/installation does not work...

The BT pairing itself is working I think (at least I can see after it fails that Android BT has my car's phone in the list of paired devices). But the process itself fails.

The process is to long press car's BT button, then it searches for BT devices. Then you get into the phone menu (as if a phone is attached) and under "redial" list, you find an entry named exactly the same like your phone. This entry has a long number it "calls" (this will be the pin for pairing - I think it is something like 16 digits). So you "dial" this number and the pairing request pops up on the phone. Usually, after entering the correct PIN (which is shown on the car's screen), you hear a success melody and the car reconnects now with rSAP.
In my case, after upgrade to 4.3, I enter the PIN code and the "call" remains up... and nothing ever happens again. After maybe 5 minutes (I suppose this is an internal timeout value), you get a "fail" sound and that's it. It looks like the car is waiting for some data it doesn't get, dunno.

I can try again and try to get another main log and HCI log to document the process...

Best regards,
Quentin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:22 am

The modified lib only helps to make the car recognize the phone as rSAP compatible. If you get to the 16 digit Bluetooth PIN entry withoit the lib, you don't need it.

Yes, please mail me a "main" log. A "HCI" log may not contain more information, but doesn't hurt to have it, too.

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi.

I've PMed you the link to the new logs. Maybe something can be found there...

Best regards,
Quentin

Return to “Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth (SAP) telephone module”